The Workforce Career Coach Facilitator certificate program, which satisfies the training requirement for earning the Global Career Development Facilitator credential, is offered in three formats:
Online | Group Format: The program is offered completely online with cohorts starting in the fall and spring. The course is designed to run for 26 weeks based on students spending approximately five hours per week on course assignments, reading and online discussions. However, the ambitious student can complete the online course in a shorter timeframe. And those students who work at a slower pace may take up to a year to complete the course. This format stresses student forums with plenty of student to student discussion and interactivity.
Online | Individual Format: While the curriculum for this format is exactly the same as the Group Format, students can register and start the course at any time throughout the year. But in this format, there may be no student-to-student discussion and interactivity; all communication is between the individual student and the mentors. As is the case with the Group Format, the course is designed to run for 26 weeks based on the student spending approximately five hours per week on course assignments, reading and online discussions. However, the ambitious student can complete the course in a shorter timeframe, and those students who work at a slower pace may take up to one year to complete the course.
Classroom: The Watson School of Public Service and Continuing Studies can provide the entire program onsite in a classroom-based format if a business or other entity wishes to enroll a minimum of eight employees. We can conduct the class onsite at your business depending upon location, or on the campus of Thomas Edison State College in Trenton, NJ. For more information about this option, contact the Director of Continuing Studies at (609) 777-5642, ext. 2218. We can also offer the program in a blended format that combines online and classroom-based sessions. For more information about this option, contact us at (609) 777-5642 Ext. 2217 or 2218.
Why Online Learning?
- Learning occurs in a user-friendly environment and is accessible to students with little or no computer experience
- Online courses provide the knowledge and tools needed to stay ahead in today's rapidly changing professional marketplace
- Online education allows students to access their courses from anywhere there is an Internet connection, even if traveling for business or on vacation
- Flexibility: Students can attend class in the comfort and convenience of their own home, office, library, or internet café and complete assignments at their convenience
- Cost-effective: expenses related to facilities and travel, as well as non-productive time, are reduced
The online delivery of the program requires that students have access to a computer and are proficient at using e-mail, communicating online, participating in discussion groups and conducting online research. The online format ensures that students have the most current information in the career coaching field as they learn the skills needed to succeed in today's increasingly specialized profession.
Get Started Today!