Materials & Systems Requirements
The online format requires that students have access to a computer with an internet browser and are proficient with using e-mail, communicating online, utilizing automated help functions, learning new software programs and conducting online research, all in a self-paced, self-directed context.
- Administrative Medical Assisting, 6th Edition by Marilyn T. Fordney, Linda L. French, and Joan J. Follis
- Workbook to Accompany Administrative Medical Assisting, 6th Edition by Marilyn T. Fordney, Linda L. French, and Joan J. Follis
- Merriam-Webster’s Medical Desk Dictionary, Revised Edition
- Medical Terminology Made Easy (4th Edition) by Jean M. Dennerll (with CD ROM)
- Broadband or high-speed internet access is strongly recommended. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
- Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
- Virtually all Windows-Mac hardware configurations and processors are acceptable. (LINUX is NOT supported)
- 1 GB RAM recommended
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Mac OS X 10 and higher
- Most Linux distributions
- Mozilla Firefox 2 and 3 (previous versions will work also)
- Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8
- Safari is not currently recommended as it cannot display certain Moodle editing menus for both students and mentors
Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media-click on the links below to download the latest versions)
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Apple Quicktime
- Windows Media Player
- Real Player
- PowerPoint Viewer (use this if you don't have PowerPoint)