Partners & Collaborators
Center Financial Partners:
- Family Strength Associates Inc.
- New Jersey Department of Human Services
- The Schumann Fund for New Jersey
- The National Venture Grant
- Smart Start & The North Carolina Partnership for Children Inc.
- National Technical Assistance Center
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- TD Charitable Foundation
- Bank of America
- The New Jersey Council for Young Children
- Professional Impact New Jersey
- The Insight Center for Community Economic Development
- The New Jersey State League of Municipalities
- The New Jersey Chamber of Commerce
- The New Jersey BUILD Initiative-Advocates for Children of New Jersey
- The Children's Institute - Strengthening Social and Emotional Health
- Advocates for Children of New Jersey
- Children's Futures
- Family Strength Associates, Inc.
- Smart Start National Technical Assistance Center
- The Non-profit Finance Fund
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- New Jersey Coalition for Bullying Awareness and Prevention
The benefits of well thought out, proactive steps to ensure the highest quality and affordability of child care programs cannot be overstated. To that end, the NJ League of Municipalities and the John S. Watson Institute for Public Policy at Thomas Edison College have entered an on-going, successful collaboration to engage mayors and other municipal leaders in linking the child care industry to the economic development of our communities.
Helen Yeldell, Former Senior Legislative Analyst
New Jersey State League of Municipalities
It has been a wonderful partnership between Family Strength Associates, Inc. and the Center for the Positive Development of Urban Children at the John S. Watson Institute for Public Policy. I am excited about the work of the New Jersey Cultural Competency English Language Learners Summer Institute and Mentoring Program. This Institute has been needed for such a long time and finally we are giving teachers, families and children the validation that their languages and cultures are an asset for learning.
Ramata Choma, M.A., Executive Director
Family Strength Associates, Inc.
The Center for the Positive Development of Urban Children at the John S. Watson Institute for Public Policy of Thomas Edison State College is a leader in the economic impact of early care and education in New Jersey and finding innovative solutions to ensuring that every child has access to high-quality, affordable learning opportunities. The Insight Center has been fortunate to work with the Center over the past few years to further this effort.
Saskia Traill, Ph.D., Former Program Manager
Insight Center for Community Economic Development (formerly NEDLC)
Meet the Center Director