Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist Program (CEHRS)
The nation's health care delivery system is rapidly being transformed by the introduction of computer-based health information systems - specifically, by electronic health records (EHRs). The Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist Program covers the basics of this exciting new allied health field. Among the subjects explored are procedures for implementing electronic health records in a physician's office, troubleshooting, HIPPA compliance, and hands-on practical use. This 130-hour, 12 month program provides students with no background whatsoever in electronic health records with the techniques and rationales for using such cutting-edge techniques in real-world situations. Moreover, the program paves the way for students to establish a foothold in the exciting and rewarding allied health field, a career that conveys as much job security as to be found anywhere.
Though exposure to EHR, students in the Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist Program (CEHRS) program, students immediately see that the field of record-keeping and maintenance is undergoing a remarkable transition. The knowledge, experience, skills and competencies needed for the 21st century medical workplace are a work in progress, and with electronic health record-keeping a fact of life, no area of responsibility in a medical setting remains untouched. But that very state of change represents opportunity to the ambitious individual eager to find a place in an expanding career. Upon successful completion of the Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist Program, students will not only be prepared for an entry-level position in a medical office setting, but be ready to sit for the NHA national certification exam to become a Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist (CEHRS).
Why Online Learning?
- Learning occurs in a user-friendly environment and is accessible to students with little or no computer experience
- Online courses provide the knowledge and tools needed to stay ahead in today's rapidly changing professional marketplace
- Online education allows students to access their courses from anywhere there is an Internet connection, even while traveling for business or on vacation
- Flexibility: Students can attend class in the comfort and convenience of their own home, office, library, or internet café, and complete assignments at their convenience
- Cost-effective: expenses related to facilities and travel, as well as non-productive time, are reduced
- Relevant: Since so much of the work done by medical transcription editors is conducted in an online environment, this method of study is highly relevant to the profession.
The online delivery of the program requires that students have access to a computer and are proficient at using e-mail, communicating online, and conducting online research. The online format ensures that students have the most current information in the field available to them as they learn the skills needed to succeed in today’s increasingly specialized electronic medical records profession.