Thomas Edison State College can meet the education and training needs of your organization. Customized training programs can be built around your workforce training needs through:
- Needs Assessment: Through a comprehensive needs assessment, we can determine if the current educational activities of your employees are aligned with your organization’s long-term strategic goals.
- Educational Planning: Based on the needs assessment, we can work with you to create a strategic educational plan for employees at all levels in your organization.
- Development of customized training: Using the College’s extensive resources, we can develop a new program/course, or customize an existing program as needed to improve on-the-job performance and productivity. These programs can be delivered face-to-face, online, or in a blended format.
To learn more about customized contract training for your organization, contact us at (888) 442-8372 or [email protected].
Two examples of customized contract training we have developed:
- Responding to a need to provide service persons with exposure to the Linux operating system, the College developed, coordinated and delivered a blended course that provided a week-long, face-to-face overview of Linux training, followed by an online component in which service persons continued to study independently and complete online projects."
- At the request of a large, capacity-building non-profit organization, the College developed a customized Human Resources Overview course for agency directors with extensive counseling credentials and experience, but little or no exposure to HR curriculum. Following a two-day onsite introduction, the students were enrolled in a customized online course that covered key HR principles through readings and case studies, but also created among them a community of learners nationwide who share resources, issues, and their specific HR challenges with the group to continue learning and improve on-the-job effectiveness.