How to Get Started
- Visit Thomas Edison State College's Web site and explore our degrees and various methods of earning credit. For more information, email us at [email protected] or call us at (888) 442-8372
Application Instructions: To ensure you are applying as part of your partnership program, you will be asked to identify your employer or affiliation.
NOTE: Step five of the application will ask, "Are you employed by or affiliated with a Thomas Edison State College partnership program?" Select "Yes" for this question and then choose UPS from the drop down menu.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at (888) 442-8372 or email us at [email protected].
- Begin completing the Online Application.
Payment of the $150 application fee makes you eligible to enroll as a student immediately and begin earning your degree at Thomas Edison State College. The $150 application fee may be reimbursed by UPS. Please contact EDCOR to confirm your eligibility for the UPS Education Assistance Program before completing your application.
To enroll, applicants must simply register for a course and pay the course tuition. Once this is done, you will be an enrolled student for one full year. After your application is received and processed, you will receive an acceptance letter, College Catalog and additional information to help you enroll. Once you have applied to the College, you may begin registering for classes at any time. You will receive an ID number on your acceptance letter that will enable you to access myEdison, the College's online course management system. You may track the status of your application and transcripts and view your completed academic program evaluation through myEdison. Your ID number serves as your myEdison login. Your myEdison password is the last four digits of your social security number.
- You may register online, via telephone by calling the Office of the Registrar at (609) 633-9242; or via the U.S. mail. You must pay for your courses at the time of registration and can mail your registration form and payment to the Office of the Registrar (to the address listed in Step 4).
As an employee of UPS, payment of the $150 application fee also entitles you to a complete review of all previously earned academic credentials. This review, which is known as an academic program evaluation, is the basis of your program plan and advisement services. Please have official transcripts and documentation of all your past college credits, professional and/or military training and other experiences, sent to:
The Office of the RegistrarRegarding your transcripts, please note:
Thomas Edison State College
101 W. State St.
Trenton, NJ 08608-1176
- Your transcripts should be sent directly to Thomas Edison State College from the institution(s) you have attended.
- Transcripts sent to Thomas Edison State College that have been sent first to you from the institution(s) you have attended must arrive at Thomas Edison State College in the unopened, sealed envelope from the institution(s) you attended. You may not open these transcripts. Transcripts that arrive at Thomas Edison State College opened are not valid and must be resubmitted.
International transcripts: The College will accept credit recommendations from a required course-by-course evaluation completed by a variety of agencies.
All costs associated with the international credit evaluation are the responsibility of the student. The College reserves the right to make its own determination on the amount and type of credit to be awarded based on the evaluations provide by these agencies. An enrolled student may transfer a maximum of 90 credits from international institutions. Thomas Edison State College does not participate in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Therefore the College does not sponsor foreign national students for F-1 or J-1 visa status. Course-by-course credit recommendations will be reviewed by Thomas Edison State College based upon existing transfer and degree policies in place at the time of application.
You will receive an evaluation of your previously earned academic credits within 10 business days of the receipt of all documents. Applicants are notified that their evaluations are completed via e-mail. With your evaluation, all of your past college credits, training and professional licensures and/or certifications are reviewed to determine:
- how many previously earned college credits can be applied to a degree program;
- whether professional certifications or licensures may be applied as credit towards a degree program; and
- how many credits you will need to earn to complete a college degree.
Upon receipt of your evaluation, you may contact the Information Center at (888) 442-8372 to review your evaluation. To plan your degree program and select courses, you should schedule an appointment with an academic advisor. To schedule your appointment, log into myEdison and select "Make an Advising Appointment."
- Students registering for online courses are expected to have experience and proficiency using a computer, browsing the Web and sending and receiving Internet mail. A valid e-mail address is required to register for an online course. Minimum system requirements to access an online course are: access to the Internet; an Internet browser like Netscape 4.x or Internet Explorer 4.x or better; and Windows 95 or higher or equivalent operating system.
For technical (computer) questions relating to online courses, call the technical center at (609) 777-5644 or send an email to [email protected].
College Programs for UPS Employees
Create an Account to Apply Today