2015-2016 Award Year Timeline
Application Period: June 8 - July 31, 2015
Selection Period: August 1 - 31, 2015
Notification and Recipient Acceptance Period: September 1 - 30, 2015
Disbursement Period: Generally within 3 weeks after receipt of recipient's acceptance
Thomas Edison State College offers a number of scholarships to assist students in meeting their financial commitments. The College's Scholarship Program does not discriminate based on religion, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, marital status, or disability. However, some scholarships may have specific eligibility requirements within one or more of these categories.
Scholarships listed on this webpage are approved to be awarded. The awarding of any individual scholarship in a specific award year, though, is based on funds being made available through the Thomas Edison State College Foundation or the individual sponsor(s) of the scholarship. The scholarship application includes the scholarships actually available to be awarded during the award year.
Funding for scholarships is provided by the generous financial support from individuals, corporations, and the Thomas Edison State College Foundation. If you would like to give back to support scholarships for current and future students, you can make a gift online at alumni.tesc.edu or contact the Office of Development at email@example.com for additional information.
Scholarship Award Year
Each year’s Scholarship Award Year begins with the opening of the June-July application period for the General Award Cycle. All scholarships approved to be awarded, depending on funds available, are offered during the General Award Cycle. Each year’s General Award Cycle begins with the application period and concludes with the disbursement period as shown below. The timeline below is that which is followed each General Award Cycle.
On occasion, a scholarship may be offered apart from the General Award Cycle. Such an Out-of-Cycle scholarship follows the same pattern of actions as does the General Award Cycle, but generally will have shorter time periods. A separate application is provided for an Out-of-Cycle scholarship.
A student is eligible to apply for any scholarship for which they meet the scholarship’s academic level (Undergraduate or Graduate), enrollment status (Enrolled or Applicant), and any specific criteria for the individual scholarship. Students not seeking a degree or certificate from Thomas Edison State College are not eligible for a scholarship from the College.
Eligibility criteria are included on each scholarship’s description and requirements webpage. Students should review each scholarship to ensure they meet the basic eligibility before applying for the scholarship.
To be considered for an award, the student must meet the following:
- Meet all eligibility criteria described on the respective scholarship's webpage.
- Submit a completed Thomas Edison State College Scholarship Application during the application period.
- Have applied for federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA and the Thomas Edison State College Financial Aid Application.
- Submit any required supplemental documentation before the end of the application period.
Students enrolled with the College at the time of scholarship application must have:
- Completed a minimum of 12 Thomas Edison State College credits, with at least six hours being from Online or Guided Study courses.
- A minimum Thomas Edison State College GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
- Successfully completed a minimum of 66 percent of courses attempted at Thomas Edison State College. Incompletes, withdrawals, and failed classes do not count as completed credits.
Students admitted to the College but not enrolled at the time of scholarship application (Applicants):
- May have completed 0-11 Thomas Edison State College credits by any credit earning method.
- Have a minimum Thomas Edison State College GPA of 3.0 in any credits completed.
Scholarship Funds Uses
Scholarship funds may only be used for tuition, fees, or books for Thomas Edison State College courses.
For more information about the College's scholarship program, contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org .
Next Opportunity to Apply for Scholarships
The next opportunity to apply for general scholarships will be June 1, 2016.
For enrolled Accelerated 2nd Degree Nursing students only, the 2015-2016 Winter/Spring application period will open January 1, 2016.
For students in nuclear-related programs, the NRC Scholarship remains open. Apply from the NRC Scholarship webpage
Check out our Outside Scholarships page, including the site for Military/Family Members.
Should you have questions about our scholarships, please email the Scholarship Committee.