Stavros Niarchos Foundation Scholarship
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Scholarship was established in 2014 with a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. Mr. Niarchos was born in Greece in 1909 and understood the meaning of thinking and acting globally long before the term globalization became so prominent. His business operations began in Greece, yet his accomplishments were notable worldwide. Although he was known predominantly for his shipping business, Niarchos’s diversified financial activities were at the core of global industry from the time he formed the Niarchos Group in 1939 until his death in 1996. For many years, he owned the largest private fleet in the world, with his company operating more than 80 tankers and other vessels. He was considered one of the most innovative and successful businessmen of the twentieth century. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation derives its mission from Niarchos´s commitment to Greece and Hellenism, as well as his keen instincts and interests in support of causes in the fields of education, social welfare, health, and arts and culture.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Academic Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Enrollment Status: Applicant or Enrolled
- Type of degree/certificate: Any undergraduate or graduate degree or certificate
- Other Criteria: None
For more information on determining whether you are eligible for this scholarship, contact the College Scholarship Committee at email@example.com.
Award Criteria: To be considered for an award, the student must meet the following:
- Meet all eligibility criteria described on the respective scholarship's webpage.
- Submit a completed Thomas Edison State College Scholarship Application during the application period.
- Have applied for federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA and the Thomas Edison State College Financial Aid Application.
- Submit any required supplemental documentation before the end of the application period.
Students enrolled with the College at the time of scholarship application must have:
- Completed a minimum of 12 Thomas Edison State College credits, with at least six hours being from Online or Guided Study courses.
- A minimum Thomas Edison State College GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
- Successfully completed a minimum of 66 percent of courses attempted at Thomas Edison State College. Incompletes, withdrawals, and failed classes do not count as completed credits.
Students admitted to the College but not enrolled at the time of scholarship application (Applicants):
- May have completed 0-11 Thomas Edison State College credits by any credit earning method.
- Have a minimum Thomas Edison State College GPA of 3.0 in any credits completed.
Supplemental Documentation Required: None
General Scholarship Application Period Closed
The general scholarship award cycle for the 2014-2015 Award Year is closed. The next application period for general scholarships will open June 1, 2015. View our scholarship information and schedule.
Scholarship questions? Email the Scholarship Committee.
Check out our Outside Scholarships page, including the site for Military/Family Members.