Thomas Edison State College offers a number of scholarships to assist students in meeting their financial commitments. The College's Scholarship Program does not discriminate based on religion, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, marital status, or disability. However, some scholarships may have specific eligibility requirements within one or more of these categories.
Requirements & Criteria
Unless modified by the individual scholarship, all scholarship applicants must:
- Submit a Thomas Edison State College Scholarship Application.
- Have applied for federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA and the Thomas Edison State College Financial Aid Application.
- Meet all Scholarship Specific Eligibility Criteria described on any respective scholarship's page.
- Required supplemental documentation, if any, must be provided before the end of the application period.
- Have at least a 3.0 Thomas Edison State College GPA at the time of application.
- Have completed a minimum of 12 Thomas Edison State College credits, with at least six hours being from Online or Guided Study courses.
- Have successfully completed a minimum of 66 percent of courses attempted at Thomas Edison State College. Incompletes, withdrawals, and failed classes do not count as completed credits.
2014 Award Timelines
Application Period: June 1 - July 31, 2014
Selection Period: August 1 - 31, 2014
Notification and Recipient Acceptance Period: September 1 - 30, 2014
Disbursement Period: Generally within 3 weeks after receipt of recipient's acceptance
For more information about the College's scholarship program, contact us by [email protected].
When Can I Apply For Scholarships?
The next opportunity to apply for scholarships from Thomas Edison State College is when the 2014 Award Year Application Period opens on June 1, 2014.
The online scholarship application will be available on this page at that time. Should you have questions about our scholarships, please email the Scholarship Committee.
Please view the links to Outside Scholarships for other opportunities.