Robert Wood Johnson Foundation New Careers in Nursing Scholarship
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation New Careers in Nursing Scholarship was established in 2014 by a grant from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. During the 2014-2015 Award year, five $10,000 scholarships from the RWJ Foundation grant will be awarded to five students enrolled in the Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN program (BSNA) in the W. Cary Edwards School of Nursing. Recipients must be from underrepresented groups in nursing and disadvantaged backgrounds. Because of the timing of the grant, this scholarship may be offered apart from the June-July application period associated with the general award cycle.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Academic Level: Undergraduate
- Enrollment Status: Enrolled in the 2014-2015 BSNA cohort
- Type of degree/certificate: Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN (BSNA degree)
- Must be a citizen of the United States or a U.S. resident.
- If awarded, student must complete a letter of commitment to the NCIN (New Careers In Nursing) program.
- If awarded, student must be committed to pursuing nursing licensure through the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
- Students must be from groups underrepresented in Nursing or who are economically disadvantaged as defined by Robert Wood Johnson Foundation agreement.
- Consideration of applications for this scholarship will be based on academic performance and recommendation from the W. Cary Edwards School of Nursing.
For more information on determining whether you are eligible for this scholarship, contact the College Scholarship Committee at [email protected] .
Award Criteria: To be considered for an award, the student must meet the following:
- Meet all eligibility criteria described on the respective scholarship's webpage.
- Submit a completed Thomas Edison State College Scholarship Application during the application period.
- Have applied for Federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA and the Thomas Edison State College Financial Aid Application.
- Submit any required supplemental documentation before the end of the application period.
Supplemental Documentation Required: None