Robert Sydney Needham Memorial Scholarship
The Robert Sydney Needham Memorial Scholarship was established in 2010 through an annual grant from the Robert Sydney Needham Foundation. The scholarship is awarded to a full-time, currently enrolled, sophomore, junior, or senior student who is actively involved in community service and demonstrates great financial need.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Academic Level: Undergraduate with a minimum of 31 completed credits
- Enrollment Status: Enrolled
- Type of degree/certificate: Any undergraduate degree or certificate
- Applicant must be a graduate of a New Jersey high school, but does not have to be living in New Jersey.
- Having earned a GED does not qualify for this scholarship.
- Applicant must be actively involved in community service and show great financial need. These requirements are to be described in the essay submitted as part of the scholarship application. Financial need will be based on the applicant's Pell Grant eligibility as documented on the applicant's FAFSA and as described in the application essay.
For more information on determining whether you are eligible for this scholarship, contact the College Scholarship Committee at email@example.com .
Award Criteria: To be considered for an award, the student must meet the following:
- Meet all eligibility criteria described on the respective scholarship's webpage.
- Submit a completed Thomas Edison State College Scholarship Application during the application period.
- Have applied for federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA and the Thomas Edison State College Financial Aid Application.
- Submit any required supplemental documentation before the end of the application period.
Students enrolled with the College at the time of scholarship application must have:
- Completed a minimum of 12 Thomas Edison State College credits, with at least six hours being from Online or Guided Study courses.
- A minimum Thomas Edison State College GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
- Successfully completed a minimum of 66 percent of courses attempted at Thomas Edison State College. Incompletes, withdrawals, and failed classes do not count as completed credits.
Supplemental Documentation Required
- Submit a copy of the applicant's New Jersey high school diploma
Submit supplemental documentation by email (preferred), fax, or mail to:
Fax: (609) 633-6489
Office of Financial Aid
Thomas Edison State College
101 West State Street
Trenton, NJ 08608-1176
Next Opportunity to Apply for Scholarships
The next opportunity to apply for general scholarships will be June 1, 2016.
For enrolled Accelerated 2nd Degree Nursing students only, the 2015-2016 Winter/Spring application period will open January 1, 2016.
For students in nuclear-related programs, the NRC Scholarship remains open. Apply from the NRC Scholarship webpage
Check out our Outside Scholarships page, including the site for Military/Family Members.
Should you have questions about our scholarships, please email the Scholarship Committee.