Dr. George A. Pruitt Endowed Presidential Scholarship
The Dr. George A. Pruitt Endowed Presidential Scholarship was established in 2009 through contributions to the Dr. George A. Pruitt Presidential Scholarship Endowed Fund. Dr. Pruitt is the current president of Thomas Edison State College and began his tenure in that position in 1982. This scholarship is awarded to students currently enrolled in or seeking enrollment in a graduate program at Thomas Edison State College.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Academic Level: Graduate
- Enrollment Status: Applicant or Enrolled
- Type of degree/certificate: Any graduate degree or certificate
- Consideration of applications for this scholarship will be based in part on any compelling factors described in the essay submitted in the application.
For more information on determining whether you are eligible for this scholarship, contact the College Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Award Criteria: To be considered for an award, the student must meet the following:
- Meet all eligibility criteria described on the respective scholarship's webpage.
- Submit a completed Thomas Edison State College Scholarship Application during the application period.
- Have applied for federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA and the Thomas Edison State College Financial Aid Application.
- Submit any required supplemental documentation before the end of the application period.
Students enrolled with the College at the time of scholarship application must have:
- Completed a minimum of 12 Thomas Edison State College credits, with at least six hours being from Online or Guided Study courses.
- A minimum Thomas Edison State College GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
- Successfully completed a minimum of 66 percent of courses attempted at Thomas Edison State College. Incompletes, withdrawals, and failed classes do not count as completed credits.
Students admitted to the College but not enrolled at the time of scholarship application (Applicants):
- May have completed 0-11 Thomas Edison State College credits by any credit earning method.
- Have a minimum Thomas Edison State College GPA of 3.0 in any credits completed.
Supplemental Documentation Required: None
Next Opportunity to Apply for Scholarships
The 2015-2016 General Scholarship Award Year is now open.
To apply, click “Apply Here,” create an account, and complete the questionnaire to apply for the scholarships for which you are eligible.
Please use Internet Explorer as your browser.
Check out our Outside Scholarships page, including the site for Military/Family Members.