Julia Cadiz Negrón Endowed Scholarship
The Julia Cádiz Negrón Scholarship was established in 1995 by her son, a retired staff member of the College, in honor of Julia Cádiz Negrón, who instilled the value of education in her children, inspiring them to achieve their highest possible potential. The scholarship is awarded to support enrolled students at Thomas Edison State College who were born in or currently reside in Latin America (Mexico, Central America, and South America) or the islands of the Caribbean Sea.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Academic Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Enrollment Status: Enrolled
- Type of degree/certificate: Any undergraduate or graduate degree or certificate
- Student must currently reside in Latin America (Mexico or Central or South America) or one of the islands of the Caribbean Sea.
For more information on determining whether you are eligible for this scholarship, contact the College Scholarship Committee at email@example.com .
Award Criteria: To be considered for an award, the student must meet the following:
- Meet all eligibility criteria described on the respective scholarship's webpage.
- Submit a completed Thomas Edison State College Scholarship Application during the application period.
- Have applied for federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA and the Thomas Edison State College Financial Aid Application.
- Submit any required supplemental documentation before the end of the application period.
Students enrolled with the College at the time of scholarship application must have:
- Completed a minimum of 12 Thomas Edison State College credits, with at least six hours being from Online or Guided Study courses.
- A minimum Thomas Edison State College GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
- Successfully completed a minimum of 66 percent of courses attempted at Thomas Edison State College. Incompletes, withdrawals, and failed classes do not count as completed credits.
Supplemental Documentation Required:
- Submit documentation that validates currently residing in one of the required geographical locations. Documentation may consist of a driver’s license, utility bills, or other documentation accepted by the Scholarship Committee.
General Scholarship Application Period Closed
The general scholarship award cycle for the 2014-2015 Award Year is closed. The next application period for general scholarships will open June 1, 2015. View our scholarship information and schedule.
Scholarship questions? Email the Scholarship Committee.
Check out our Outside Scholarships page, including the site for Military/Family Members.