Larraine R. Matusak Endowed Scholarship
The Larraine R. Matusak Scholarship was established in 1982 in honor of Dr. Larraine R. Matusak, who served as the second president of Thomas Edison State College from 1979 to 1982. This fund was created to honor Dr. Matusak's deep and continuing commitment to access, choice and quality of higher educational opportunities for adult learners.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Academic Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Enrollment Status: Applicant or Enrolled
- Type of degree/certificate: Any undergraduate or graduate degree or certificate
- Other Criteria: None
For more information on determining whether you are eligible for this scholarship, contact the College Scholarship Committee at [email protected] .
Award Criteria: To be considered for an award, the student must meet the following:
- Meet all eligibility criteria described on the respective scholarship's webpage.
- Submit a completed Thomas Edison State College Scholarship Application during the application period.
- Have applied for federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA and the Thomas Edison State College Financial Aid Application.
- Submit any required supplemental documentation before the end of the application period.
Students enrolled with the College at the time of scholarship application must have:
- Completed a minimum of 12 Thomas Edison State College credits, with at least six hours being from Online or Guided Study courses.
- A minimum Thomas Edison State College GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
- Successfully completed a minimum of 66 percent of courses attempted at Thomas Edison State College. Incompletes, withdrawals, and failed classes do not count as completed credits.
Students admitted to the College but not enrolled at the time of scholarship application (Applicants):
- May have completed 0-11 Thomas Edison State College credits by any credit earning method.
- Have a minimum Thomas Edison State College GPA of 3.0 in any credits completed.
Supplemental Documentation Required: None
2014-2015 Scholarship Application Period is Closed
The scholarship application period for the 2014-2015 General Award Cycle is closed. The next application period will open June 1, 2015 for the 2015-2016 Award Year. Please view our scholarship information and schedule.
If you have questions about our scholarships, please email the Scholarship Committee.
Please check the many scholarships listed on our Outside Scholarships page, including the site for Military/Family Members scholarship opportunities.