Susan O. Friedman Endowed Scholarship
The Thomas Edison State College Foundation established the Susan O. Friedman Endowed Scholarship in 2005 through contributions by Ms. Friedman and other donations. Conditional on available funds, this scholarship is awarded to currently enrolled undergraduate students pursuing a baccalaureate degree in the Applied Science and Technology program or its successor programs.
For more information on determining whether you are eligible for this scholarship, contact the College Scholarship Committee at [email protected].
General Eligibility Criteria
- Submit a Thomas Edison State College Scholarship Application.
- Have applied for federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA and the Thomas Edison State College Financial Aid Application.
- Meet the scholarship's Specific Eligibility Criteria described below.
- Required supplemental documentation, if any, must be provided before the end of the application period.
- Have at least a 3.0 Thomas Edison State College GPA at the time of application.
- Have completed a minimum of 12 Thomas Edison State College credits, with at least six hours being from Online or Guided Study courses.
- Have successfully completed a minimum of 66 percent of courses attempted at Thomas Edison State College. Incompletes, withdrawals, and failed classes do not count as completed credits.
Scholarship Specific Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student pursuing a baccalaureate degree in the Applied Science and Technology program at Thomas Edison State College at the time of their scholarship application.
- Consideration of applications for this scholarship will be based in part on any compelling factors described in the essay submitted in the application.
Supplemental Documentation Required
- None required.
Scholarship Funds Uses
Scholarship funds may only be used for tuition, fees, or books for Thomas Edison State College courses.