Thomas M. Eklund Endowed Scholarship
The Thomas M. Eklund Endowed Scholarship was established in 2005 in memory of Mr. Thomas M. Eklund, the College’s assistant dean for Academic Advisement, who was tragically killed by a drunk driver on March 26, 1994. In consultation with Mr. Eklund’s wife, the Thomas Edison State College Foundation determined that income from the endowment would be used to provide scholarship support to undergraduate students of Thomas Edison State College. Eligible recipients must either be enrolled at the College or in the process of seeking enrollment.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Academic Level: Undergraduate
- Enrollment Status: Applicant or Enrolled
- Type of degree/certificate: Any undergraduate degree or certificate
- Other Criteria: None
For more information on determining whether you are eligible for this scholarship, contact the College Scholarship Committee at email@example.com .
Award Criteria: To be considered for an award, the student must meet the following:
- Meet all eligibility criteria described on the respective scholarship's webpage.
- Submit a completed Thomas Edison State College Scholarship Application during the application period.
- Have applied for federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA and the Thomas Edison State College Financial Aid Application.
- Submit any required supplemental documentation before the end of the application period.
Students enrolled with the College at the time of scholarship application must have:
- Completed a minimum of 12 Thomas Edison State College credits, with at least six hours being from Online or Guided Study courses.
- A minimum Thomas Edison State College GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
- Successfully completed a minimum of 66 percent of courses attempted at Thomas Edison State College. Incompletes, withdrawals, and failed classes do not count as completed credits.
Students admitted to the College but not enrolled at the time of scholarship application (Applicants):
- May have completed 0-11 Thomas Edison State College credits by any credit earning method.
- Have a minimum Thomas Edison State College GPA of 3.0 in any credits completed.
Supplemental Documentation Required: None
Next Opportunity to Apply for Scholarships
The next opportunity to apply for general scholarships will be June 1, 2016.
For enrolled Accelerated 2nd Degree Nursing students only, the 2015-2016 Winter/Spring application period will open January 1, 2016.
For students in nuclear-related programs, the NRC Scholarship remains open. Apply from the NRC Scholarship webpage
Check out our Outside Scholarships page, including the site for Military/Family Members.
Should you have questions about our scholarships, please email the Scholarship Committee.