W. Cary Edwards Foundation Nursing Scholarship
The W. Cary Edwards Foundation Nursing Scholarship was established in 2013 by an annual grant from the W. Cary Edwards Foundation. The scholarship is available to New Jersey residents currently enrolled or seeking enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate Nursing degree at Thomas Edison State College, and whose tuition is not fully covered by a hospital or other professional organization.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Academic Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Enrollment Status: Applicant or Enrolled
- Type of degree/certificate: Any Nursing degree or certificate
- New Jersey resident
- Applicant's full tuition cannot be covered by a hospital or other professional organization as affirmed to in the essay submitted as part of the scholarship application.
- Consideration of applications for this scholarship will be based on financial need, academic promise, professional plans, and any compelling factors described in the essay submitted in the application. Financial need will be based on the applicant's Pell Grant eligibility as documented on the applicant's FAFSA.
For more information on determining whether you are eligible for this scholarship, contact the College Scholarship Committee at email@example.com .
Award Criteria: To be considered for an award, the student must meet the following:
- Meet all eligibility criteria described on the respective scholarship's webpage.
- Submit a completed Thomas Edison State College Scholarship Application during the application period.
- Have applied for federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA and the Thomas Edison State College Financial Aid Application.
- Submit any required supplemental documentation before the end of the application period.
- Students enrolled with the College at the time of scholarship application must have:
- Completed a minimum of 12 Thomas Edison State College credits, with at least six hours being from Online or Guided Study courses.
- A minimum Thomas Edison State College GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
- Successfully completed a minimum of 66 percent of courses attempted at Thomas Edison State College. Incompletes, withdrawals, and failed classes do not count as completed credits.
- Students admitted to the College but not enrolled at the time of scholarship application (Applicants):
- May have completed 0-11 Thomas Edison State College credits by any credit earning method.
- Have a minimum Thomas Edison State College GPA of 3.0 in any credits completed.
Supplemental Documentation Required
- Submit a copy of the applicant's current New Jersey Driver's License, Voter Registration Card, or other suitable documentation verifying New Jersey residency.
Submit supplemental documentation by email (preferred), fax, or mail to:
Fax: (609) 633-6489
Office of Financial Aid
Thomas Edison State College
101 West State Street
Trenton, NJ 08608-1176
Next Opportunity to Apply for Scholarships
The 2015-2016 General Scholarship Award Year will open on June 1, 2015. The online scholarship application will be available on this page at that time.. View our scholarship information and schedule.
Scholarship questions? Email the Scholarship Committee.
Check out our Outside Scholarships page, including the site for Military/Family Members.