W. Cary Edwards Foundation Nursing Scholarship
The Thomas Edison State College Foundation established the W. Cary Edwards Foundation Nursing Scholarship in 2013 by a grant from the W. Cary Edwards Foundation. A $5,000.00 scholarship will be awarded in the 2013 Award Year to a New Jersey resident currently enrolled or seeking enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate Nursing degree at Thomas Edison State College, and whose tuition is not fully covered by a hospital or other professional organization.
For more information on determining whether you are eligible for this scholarship, contact the College Scholarship Committee at [email protected].
General Eligibility Criteria
- Submit a Thomas Edison State College Scholarship Application.
- Have applied for federal and State (NJ residents only) financial aid through the FAFSA and the Thomas Edison State College Financial Aid Application.
- Meet the scholarship's Specific Eligibility Criteria described below.
- Required supplemental documentation, if any, must be provided before the end of the application period.
*The following three criteria, GPA, minimum credits completed, and minimum percentage completed must be met by currently enrolled applicants but may be waived for students who have applied for but not yet been admitted to a Nursing program.
- Have at least a 3.0 Thomas Edison State College GPA at the time of application.
- Have completed a minimum of 12 Thomas Edison State College credits, with at least six hours being from Online or Guided Study courses.
- Have successfully completed a minimum of 66 percent of courses attempted at Thomas Edison State College. Incompletes, withdrawals, and failed classes do not count as completed credits
Scholarship Specific Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must be a New Jersey resident.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in or seeking enrollment (by submitting an application for admission) to a Nursing degree in the undergraduate Accelerated Second Degree BSN Program, the RN to BSN Program, or the Nursing Graduate Program at Thomas Edison State College at the time of their scholarship application.
- Applicant's full tuition cannot be covered by a hospital or other professional organization as affirmed to in the essay submitted as part of the scholarship application.
- Consideration of applications for this scholarship will be based on financial need, academic promise, professional plans, and any compelling factors described in the essay submitted in the application.
Supplemental Documentation Required
In addition to a fully completed application, the applicant must:
- Submit a copy of the applicant's current New Jersey Driver's License, Voter Registration Card, or other suitable documentation verifying New Jersey residency.
- Financial need will be based on the applicant's Pell Grant eligibility as documented on the applicant's FAFSA.
- Submit supplemental documentation by fax, mail, or email to:
Office of Financial Aid
Thomas Edison State College
101 West State Street
Trenton, NJ 08608-1176
Fax: (609) 633-6489
Email: [email protected]
Scholarship Funds Uses
Scholarship funds may only be used for tuition, fees, or books for Thomas Edison State College courses.
When Can I Apply For Scholarships?
The next opportunity to apply for scholarships from Thomas Edison State College is when the 2014 Award Year Application Period opens on June 1, 2014.
The online scholarship application will be available on this page at that time. Should you have questions about our scholarships, please email the Scholarship Committee.
Please view the links to Outside Scholarships for other opportunities.