Office for Assessment of Professional and Workplace Learning
The Office for Assessment of Professional and Workplace Learning was established to conduct academic reviews of specific training, apprenticeships, courses, licenses, certifications and exams that may result in an award of college credit. The Center works with organizations to assess their specialized training programs that the College has evaluated for college credit, providing a value-added benefit to their employees, clients, and/or students.
Thomas Edison State College can help students finish their degree faster by awarding college credit for training and apprenticeships they have completed.
Students may be able to earn credit for professional licenses and certifications; courses and training completed at the workplace; through corporations, government agencies, professional associations, unions; or through specialized training programs that the College has been evaluated for college credit.
Below is a list of organizations that have their training programs evaluated by the Office for Assessment of Professional and Workplace Learning.
- Accredited Installer Workshop issued by the International Ground Source Heat Pump Association (IGSHPA)
- The American College
- Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists
- Building Performance Institute, Inc.
- Capital Health System (N.J.) Polysomnography Program
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Financial Consultant
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- COPE Institute
- Customs Broker License
- FAA Licenses/Certifications
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Certification Exams (FINRA Series Exams)
- Foundation for Educational Administration (NJ EXCEL)
- Green Awareness Union Certification issued by the US Green Building Council
- Holtz Learning Centers, Ltd.
- The Institute of Nuclear Power Operations National Academy for Nuclear Training
- Insulator Energy Appraisal Professional issued by the National Insulation Association (NIA)
- Interservice Respiratory Therapy Program at Fort Sam Houston
- LEED Certifications issued by the US Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Maalot Yerushalayim
- National Kitchen and Bath Association
- New Jersey Council for the Humanities
- New Jersey Direct Support Professional (DSP) Career Path in Developmental Disabilities Level 1 and/or 2 Certificate recipients
- Foundation for Educational Administration NJ Expedited Certification for Educational Leadership (NJEXCEL)
- New Jersey Juvenile Justice Commission
- PC AGE Career Institute
- Real Estate License
- Solar Certifications issued by North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP)
- Starting Points Institute for Early Childhood Educators
- U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) at Fort Benning, GA; Fort Knox, KY; Fort Sill, OK; and SSD-1
- United Parcel Service (UPS)