Office for Assessment of Professional and Workplace Learning
The Office for Assessment of Professional and Workplace Learning was established to conduct academic reviews of specific training, apprenticeships, courses, licenses, certifications and exams that may result in an award of college credit. The Center works with organizations to assess their specialized training programs that the College has evaluated for college credit, providing a value-added benefit to their employees, clients, and/or students.
Thomas Edison State College can help students finish their degree faster by awarding college credit for training and apprenticeships they have completed.
Students may be able to earn credit for professional licenses and certifications; courses and training completed at the workplace; through corporations, government agencies, professional associations, unions; or through specialized training programs that the College has been evaluated for college credit.
Below is a list of organizations that have their training programs evaluated by the Office for Assessment of Professional and Workplace Learning.
- The American College
- Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists
- Capital Health System (N.J.) Polysomnography Program
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Financial Consultant
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- COPE Institute
- Customs Broker License
- FAA Licenses/Certifications
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Certification Exams (FINRA Series Exams)
- Foundation for Educational Administration (NJ EXCEL)
- Holtz Learning Centers, Ltd.
- The Institute of Nuclear Power Operations National Academy for Nuclear Training
- Interservice Respiratory Therapy Program at Fort Sam Houston
- Maalot Yerushalayim
- National Kitchen and Bath Association
- New Jersey Council for the Humanities
- New Jersey Direct Support Professional (DSP) Career Path in Developmental Disabilities Level 1 and/or 2 Certificate recipients
- New Jersey Foundation for Educational Administration Expedited Certification for Educational Leadership (NJEXCEL)
- New Jersey Juvenile Justice Commission
- PC AGE Career Institute
- Real Estate License
- Starting Points Institute for Early Childhood Educators
- U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) at Fort Benning, GA; Fort Knox, KY; Fort Sill, OK; and SSD-1
- United Parcel Service (UPS)