The Thomas Edison State College Foundation manages or provides the funds for the following scholarships to be awarded to nursing students at the College.
Scholarships for Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN Program students:
- Helene Fuld Health Trust Scholarship Fund
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals Scholarship
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation New Careers in Nursing Scholarship
Scholarships for all nursing students:
- Thomas Edison State College Foundation Nursing Scholarship
- W. Cary Edwards Foundation Nursing Scholarship
Other Nursing Scholarships offered by external organizations and specifically directed toward nursing students are listed below:
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing Resources
- AORN Scholarships and Grants
- HRSA Nursing Scholarship Program
- Institute For Nursing Scholarships
- Jeannette Rankin Women's Scholarship Fund
- MinorityNurse Nursing Scholarships
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- National Student Nurses Association
- New Jersey Hospital Association Scholarships
- NLN Foundation for Nursing Education Scholarship Resources
- Nursing Scholarships and Financial Aid Resources
- A Place for Mom Senior Care Innovation Scholarship
- AfterCollege and AACN Nursing Scholarship
- Army Nurse Corps Association Scholarship Program
- Barbara Rhomberg Excellence in Nursing Scholarship
- CampusRN Scholarships - Annual
- Community Visiting Nurse Association Annual Nursing Scholarship
- Global Health Nursing Fellowship
- March of Dimes Graduate Nursing Scholarship
- Marcia Granucci Memorial Nursing Scholarship
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses - NJ Chapter Scholarship
- National Health Service Corps
- NJSNA Region 5 Scholarships
- NLN Foundation for Nursing Education Scholarships
- Promise of Nursing Regional Faculty Fellowship
Next Opportunity to Apply for Scholarships
The 2015-2016 General Scholarship Award Year opens June 1, 2015.
To apply, click “Apply Here,” create an account, and complete the questionnaire to apply for the scholarships for which you are eligible.
Please use Internet Explorer as your browser.
Check out our Outside Scholarships page, including the site for Military/Family Members.
A Place for Mom Senior Care Innovation Scholarship: Five $1000 scholarships are available to students enrolled in an associate?s, bachelor?s, or graduate level program at an accredited school in the fields of gerontology, medicine, nursing,social work, sociology, or long-term care administration. Deadline is April 15, 2015. Essay topic and details can be found at http://www.aplaceformom.com/scholarship
If you have any questions please contact Angel Ridout at [email protected]
Deadline: June 30, 2015
AfterCollege.com and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing provide $20,000 each year toward nursing scholarships. Four times each year, they give $2,500 to 2 students who are seeking a BSN, MSN or a Doctorate in Nursing, and the next application deadline is coming up soon.
View additional scholarship information.
The scholarship program is for baccalaureate or higher degree nursing and anesthesia students. In 2015, ANCA will be selecting up to 15 students to receive $3,000 scholarships.
For 2015, the scholarships will be presented in memory of Captain Bruce K. Clark, a member of the United States Army Nurse Corps who, in May 2012, gave his life in service to his country while deployed to Afghanistan. He was a graduate of The College of Brockport, State University of New York and served previous assignments at Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI and William Beaumont Army Medical Center, El Paso, TX.
View the ANCA website for more information.
The Barbara Rhomberg Excellence in Nursing Scholarship is awarded each year to five, non-traditional, fulltime students pursuing undergraduate degrees in nursing. All scholarship winners receive a non-renewable scholarship of $1,000 payable directly to the institution in which they are enrolled.
Undergraduate nursing programs are those offering an associate or bachelor’s degree in nursing. Non-traditional students are those students who postponed the pursuit of a college degree after high school, or had their college careers interrupted, and instead entered the workforce, or military or fulfilled a family or non-profit obligation
View additional information and eligibility criteria scholarship information.
CampusRN’s nationwide scholarship program is the most comprehensive of its kind for nursing programs and nursing students because it features scholarship winners from six different regions across the country in which CampusRN has launched state edition sites. CampusRN will award six $2500 scholarships to a needy and deserving nursing student in each region. Thomas Edison State College is registered with CampusRN for scholarship purposes.
Application deadline: May 1st each year
Download the Rules, Regulations, and Application.
The Community Visiting Nurse Association is pleased to announce its annual nursing scholarship program. Each applicant must be a resident of Somerset Count and currently enrolled in a National League for Nursing or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education accredited nursing program within the state of New Jersey. Applications will be accepted until April 8, 2015.
Applicants are instructed to visit Community Visiting Nurse Associations' website application. The scholarship program can be found under the Specialty Programs tab.
The Foundation for International Medical Relief of Children (FIMRC) is excited to announce it's Global Health Nursing Fellowship (GHNF) at Project Limón, Nicaragua!
GHFN is a program for nursing students, recent graduates, and nursing professionals alike looking for an immersive experience into rural healthcare. Each fellowship is tailored to the participant’s experience, interests, and educational goals. As a Fellow, participants will gain exposure to international healthcare services, continue to improve upon nursing skills and abilities, as well as gain experience in providing culturally sensitive care to children and their families.
In contrast to our shorter programs, GHNF's four-week structure gives you a chance to form lasting relationships, view an underserved population from within and use your skill set in an international setting. We know that nurses offer a unique and important role in patient care, and this program strives to use those exact skills and knowledge in the global community. You also have the opportunity to improve your Spanish through your interactions with locals (but it isn't a requirement for the program).
Our GHNF program is available during the months of June and July at our project site in Limón, Nicaragua. Our program provides not only a valuable experience for resumes or employment applications, but will expand your knowledge and perspectives on international healthcare. We are currently accepting applications on a rolling basis. Once our program reaches capacity, interested individuals will be placed on our waiting list.
Detailed information regarding fellowship cost, accommodations, and the enrollment process can be found at http://www.fimrc.org/ghnf/
To recognize and promote excellence in nursing care of mothers and babies, the March of Dimes offers several $5,000 scholarships annually to registered nurses enrolled in graduate education with a focus on maternal-child nursing.
Visit marchofdimes.com/scholarship for more information and to apply.
Applications are being accepted for the Marcia Granucci Memorial Nursing Scholarship. This scholarship is open to New Jersey residents who hold part-time or full-time graduate status at a National League of Nursing (NLN)-accredited educational institution, current licensure, and a minimum 3.0 grade point average.
The Marcia Granucci Nursing Scholarship Fund was established in 1995 to continue the professional legacy of its namesake by providing scholarships to graduate nursing students who intend to pursue an educational concentration in psychiatric/mental health, community health nursing.
Information is available at www.vnahg.org.
The National Association of Hispanic Nurses Association® (NAHN) New Jersey Chapter is pleased to announce the availability of nursing scholarships to undergraduate and graduate nursing students.
The scholarship awards are open to nursing students of all backgrounds attending nursing school in New Jersey and it is not exclusive to Hispanic background.
Criteria for scholarship include:
- The NAHN- NJ Chapter scholarship application form with all sections completed by the student and submitted by deadline date (postmarked by September 24, 2014).
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation from faculty members; one from a clinical instructor and one from an academic instructor outlining the applicant's future professional contribution to the nursing profession and potential to act as a role model for other aspiring nursing students. Note: The Letters of Recommendation must be the original copy in a sealed envelope with faculty member's signature across the sealed flap (no exceptions).
- A word processed essay (300 words maximum)
- A current resume, which includes earned certificates, awards, and special awards.
- An official transcript from College or Nursing Program.
- Academic excellence (minimum GPA of > 3.2 preferred)
- List of volunteer/civic work
Verification of active membership status in NAHN NJ Chapter.
Attached you will find the scholarship application. Scholarship application deadline is September 24, 2014, application and documents must be postmarked by this date. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please contact Claudia Pagani MSN, RN-BCBoard Member NAHN-NJNursing Education Specialist for more information at [email protected]
The National Health Service Corps is a program where a Nursing student can apply for scholarship while in school or can apply for loan repayment after graduation. They must work in a medically underserved area of the country and in turn they will get their loans repaid tax free. They can choose where in the country they wish to work. The PDF file provides an overview of the programs.
- National Health Service Corps Scholarships pay for tuition, fees, a monthly stipend, and other reasonable educational expenses for up to four years. After graduation, students serve at least two years at a National Health Service Corps approved site in a high-need area.
- The National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program has an initial award of up to $60,000 for two years of full-time service a National Health Service Corps approved site in a high-need area. After the initial two-year commitment, providers may be eligible to receive additional support in exchange for continued service; up to $170,000 for five years of service. With continued service beyond five years, clinicians may be able to pay off all their student loans.
View the National Health Service Corps website for more information.
Region 5 of the New Jersey State Nurses Association is pleased to announce the availability of three $1,000 scholarships. Region 5 includes residents of Camden, Burlington, Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem
counties. Potential candidates include current nursing students at any level of matriculation and need not be current members of the New Jersey State Nurses Association. Interested individuals will need to complete and submit the application, along with supporting documentation to the following recipient/address:
Jan Masters, MSN, RN, CENP
413 Farmhouse Lane
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
The deadline for applications and supporting documentation is November 30, 2014.
Scholarships are available from the NLN Foundation for Nursing Education.
The NLN Foundation awards scholarships to encourage more seasoned and ethnically diverse nurses to become nurse educators.
Awards range from $4,000 to $8,000. Candidates must be NLN members.
The Foundation of the National Student Nurses' Association, Inc. has announced that the faculty fellowship is open to all baccalaureate prepared nurses who are looking to pursue a career as a nurse educator and who are currently enrolled in state approved Master's or Doctoral programs within the state of New Jersey.
Applications can easily be downloaded at www.nsna.me/fellowship-app
Please contact Jasmine Melendez, MA at [email protected] with any questions regarding the application.