Diversity in Nursing
Strengthening Diversity in Nursing through Online Teaching
The W. Cary Edwards School of Nursing offered minority nurse educators the opportunity to enhance their skills and share their expertise by preparing them for online teaching. This opportunity was made possible by a grant from the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) from 2006 through 2011. Although the grant ended on June 30, 2011, the School of Nursing will continue to provide the following program to future mentors:
- A 20-week online program to become certified in Distance Education with no cost to the participant
- The option to mentor online nursing courses for the School of Nursing
- An opportunity as a new resource in online education for the nurse educator's home institution
- The possibility for nurse educators to extend their tenure beyond retirement and share their expertise beyond boundaries
- An online database to share the minority nurse educators between Schools of Nursing across the nation. Only minority nurse educators will be added to this database after completing the program.
For more information on this program, please contact Lisa Harris, diversity coordinator, at (609) 633-6460 or firstname.lastname@example.org.