This section is designed to help answer some of the questions you may have about our RN-BSN/MSN nursing program.
- Are Thomas Edison State College’s Nursing programs accredited?
- Do I need to travel to the College?
- How long will it take to complete my degree?
- How and when can I apply?
- Will someone contact me after my application is received to tell me what to do next?
- How do I make an advisement appointment?
- When are Nursing courses offered?
- When should I register for a course?
- How can I learn to use Moodle (myEdison)?
- Where do I purchase my books?
- How do I contact the School of Nursing if my questions aren't answered online?
- Q:Are Thomas Edison State College’s Nursing programs accredited?
Yes. W. Cary Edwards School of Nursing programs have accreditation through the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), as well as approved by the New Jersey Board of Nursing. Thomas Edison State College is regionally accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.Top
- Q:Do I need to travel to the College?
No. With the exception of the Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN Program, Nursing programs are offered via an online learning management platform format in 12-week terms on a quarterly basis. All advisement services can be completed over the telephone or online.Top
- Q:How long will it take to complete my degree?
On average, RNs complete their BSN in about two years and the BSN-MSN in about 18 months. Students in our Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN Program complete their degree in one year.Top
- Q:How and when can I apply?
- Q:Will someone contact me after my application is received to tell me what to do next?
You should have received an acceptance letter by email with important information on how to register for courses, and a College ID card will be mailed to you. If you have not received your acceptance letter within two (2) weeks of sending in your application, please contact the Office of Admissions at (888) 442-8372 or via [email protected]. It is important that you check your email account frequently for important information from Thomas Edison State College. If you need to change your email address on your student record, please complete and submit the Student Data Change Form. Many of your questions may also be answered by viewing the College Catalog.Top
- Q:How do I make an advisement appointment?
If you would like to schedule an advisement appointment, you can do so through your myEdison account. After logging in, click on Make an Advising Appointment under the Tools section on the left-hand side. Each 30-minute appointment can take place via telephone or in-person. You may also submit your advisement questions via a HelpDesk ticket. To submit a HelpDesk ticket, log in to your myEdison account, then click the Help tab or Help button at the top of the page. This will take you to the College Support Portal. Click on Submit a Ticket, then choose Academic Advisement Only from the Department drop-down menu and Nursing from the Topic drop-down menu.Top
- Q:When are Nursing courses offered?
Nursing courses are offered four (4) times a year: January, April, July, and October. Non-nursing courses are offered every month. View the registration dates for the current academic year. All graduate electives are not offered every term. View which elective courses are available during the each term.Top
- Q:When should I register for a course?
After you have received your acceptance letter from the College, you can begin to register for courses, however it is recommended that you schedule an advisement appointment through myEdison if you have any questions about what you need to take. If you wish to register for a course before your academic evaluation is complete, please make sure that you do not register for a course that you have already completed. View the course descriptions for the Nursing coursework. You may register for courses through Online Student Services, or you may contact the Office of Registration directly at (609) 633-9242, Monday-Friday between 11:00am-3:00pm ET.Top
- Q:How can I learn to use Moodle (myEdison)?
Once you have been accepted to the College, you will gain access to myEdison. All coursework that you have registered for will appear under the Courses tab approximately 1-2 days before the start of the term. Click on the title of the course to gain access to the course space. Once in the course space, you may click on Course Essentials and Technically Helpful Documents to view a Powerpoint presentation.Top
- Q:Where do I purchase my books?
MBS Direct provides a list of course materials needed for each course offered at Thomas Edison State College. After receiving the course confirmation email from the Office of Registration, students are encouraged to review the required textbooks on MBS Direct before purchasing them.Top
- Q:How do I contact the School of Nursing if my questions aren't answered online?
You can submit a HelpDesk ticket via myEdison or email the School of Nursing directly. It is important to keep the College informed if you change your home or email address so that we can stay in contact with you. To update your personal information, please access your Online Student Services account or submit the Student Data Change Form.Top