MSN e-Portfolio Information
All MSN students are required to create an electronic portfolio (e-Portfolio) that is submitted in the final nursing course. The purpose of this e-Portfolio is to showcase the work that you have completed during your educational program. The e-Portfolio supports your professional development, documents your clinical competence, and maps course assignments to your program outcomes. The content of your e-Portfolio are artifacts such as your papers, presentations, and other documents that provide evidence of your progress through the program.
Mapping the e-Portfolio to the MSN outcomes
There are two e-Portfolios in use in the MSN program as of October 2013 term.
For students enrolled in the program prior to July 2013, and who have taken NUR-500 Seminar in Clinical Competence prior to the July 2013 term, you are using the CURVESHIFT eFolio, which can be accessed at the site www.efolioglobal.com. The HelpDesk is [email protected]. You purchased this program through MBS Direct and subscriptions are renewed annually.
For students beginning the program July 2013 or after, the e-Portfolio is available through the College sponsored Google site and is initiated in the first course that you take in the graduate program, and then completed in the final nursing practicum course. The portfolio, with artifacts from each course throughout the program, is used to validate achievement of the MSN program outcomes. The content of your e-Portfolio are artifacts such as your papers, presentations, and other documents that provide evidence of your progress through the program. These artifacts are mapped to the MSN outcomes.
Students completing the new curriculum should follow the directions below to establish their Google e-Portfolio.
To create your Nursing e-Portfolio, follow the steps provided in the following video:
- Log in to the eCollege portal at my.tesc.edu
- Find the “My Unread Messages” block and click. This takes you to your College email. Click on the Google Apps navigation icon (located in the top, right corner of the screen) and choose “Sites.”
- Click “Create,” then “Browse Gallery for More,” then “Student Templates,” then select “Nursing e-Portfolio.” Then scroll to the bottom and click “Select.”
- Name your e-Portfolio as Last name, First Name.
- Click “Create.”
- When your e-Portfolio appears on your screen, go to the upper right hand corner and click “Share.”
- In the Add People box, type in [email protected] . At the end of the MSN program you will share your e-Portfolio with your mentor. Click “Share and Save.”
- To return to your e-Portfolio, click the site name on the left side.
It is recommended that students add artifacts as each course is completed. Do not wait until the final course to begin the e-Portfolio process.