New Course Descriptions and Prerequisites
Please see the College Catalog for the most current course descriptions and prerequisites.
Students in the Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN Program are required to attend all laboratory and clinical practicum experiences in the classroom-based courses. All clinical practicum experiences will be held at Capital Health facilities or affiliates. In order to be eligible for entry into these experiences, students must fulfill certain clinical requirements in accordance with American DataBank. Health and criminal background clearance and all other requirements outlined in the Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN Program Handbook under Clinical Expectations and Responsibilities must be completed prior to the onset of the first course.
All background clearance, student health records, malpractice insurance, and other requirements must be submitted by the student in accordance with policies outlined by American DataBank. Please follow the directions and submit all requested forms and documents in the time frame requested.
Prior to admission into clinical, students in the Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN Program are required to:
- Meet all essential requirements
- Meet the standards of the State Board of Nursing as well as standards required by Capital Health facilities to which they are assigned.
- Enroll in the American DataBank Management system for clearances and health information and pay all designated fees for both services.
- Complete criminal background check through American DataBank. This criminal background clearance is required and must be current. If a student has a positive background, for any reason, they will be dismissed from the program until their record is expunged.
- Complete all other clearances maintained by American DataBank.
- Maintain current cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) competency for healthcare professionals through the American Heart Association (Please note: this is the only accepted CPR certification). Proof of certification is submitted through the American DataBank web site.
- Purchase and keep health insurance current. A current health insurance card is to be submitted to American DataBank.
- Show proof of malpractice insurance.
Please check the Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN Student Handbook for additional information regarding these requirements. If you have any further questions about the background check or the clinical requirements, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org