National Institute on the Assessment of Adult Learning
June 2 – 4, 2015 • Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing, Philadelphia, PA
with an optional pre-conference workshop on June 2
The National Institute on the Assessment of Adult Learning provides an intensive learning experience for educators and professionals involved in the assessment of adult and experiential learning. The National Institute is attended by experts and newcomers alike, from all over the world.
This year’s theme, PLA 20/20, is intended to suggest several directions for exploration at this year’s event:
- What will prior learning assessment look like over the next five years? How has it evolved?
- How can PLA help us meet the challenges of the College Completion Agenda?
- What is our vision for the integration of prior learning with new and emergent learning in the near future?
- How does PLA integrate with competency-based education, which arguably will be a big influence in the next five years?
- What role will technology play in the assessment and education of adult learners?
The assessment of adult learning encompasses many areas. Sessions will engage participants and feature discussions of:
- Prior Learning Assessment
- Distance Education
- Assessment Methodologies
- Competency-Based Education
- Effective Learning Outcomes
- College-level Learning
- Workplace Education and Assessment
- Utilizing Technology
The main goal of the National Institute is to address issues in the area of adult education and assessment, while serving as a venue for networking and sharing experiences in a casual environment. The National Institute will kick off with the Welcome Reception during the early evening of Tuesday, June 2: a special invitation will be included in the registration packets. Attendees can also take advantage of the exciting city of Philadelphia—our meeting venue is located on the waterfront, close to shopping and the historic sites of the Old City.
The National Institute is sponsored annually by Thomas Edison State College.
If you have any questions regarding the National Institute on the Assessment of Adult Learning, please call (609) 984-1140 ext. 2297 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsors of the National Institute
Register now for the 2015 National Institute at the Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing.
Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
Make your reservation now to receive your special conference rate.
Directions to Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
Get directions to the venue.