Programs for Veterans & Their Families
The Veteran Education Program at Thomas Edison State College accommodates the needs of veterans and their spouses and dependents. The program is defined by a personal Academic Program Plan where military training, previous college credits and other professional training can be applied towards a degree. Students can utilize the various Chapters of the GI Bill to pay for tuition and there are also Military related scholarships to assist in tuition payment.
*Whether or not a student will have out-of-pocket costs depends on which chapter of the GI bill. Some chapters pay the education benefit directly to the veteran, while others pay the education benefit directly to the school. More detailed questions should be directed to the VA for the most accurate answer concerning specific benefits.
How to utilize your GI Bill Benefits at Thomas Edison State College in 5 easy steps!
Go to VONAPP
- If you have never applied for benefits you must complete the online application at the VONAPP site
- If you have previously been approved but are changing schools to Thomas Edison State College you must login to the VONAPP site and complete a DD-22-1995 (Change of Place of Training) to use GI Bill Benefits at Thomas Edison State College
- Once you have received your Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) continue with the process below.
- Alternatively you may, in place of a CoE, submit a screen shot from your eBenefits “Educational Enrollment Status” page including the “Entitlement Information” screen or W.A.V.E and continue with the process below.
*Please note that the VA does NOT send the CoE to Thomas Edison State College, you as the student must do this.
Apply to Thomas Edison State College
- If you are a current student or have been actively taking courses with Thomas Edison State College you do not need to complete this step
- Active Duty, Reservist and National Guard members apply through the GoArmyEd portal* Due to the sequestration all Active Duty, Reservist and National Guard members apply directly to the College until further notice
- Navy, Marines and Coast Guard students apply directly to the College
Complete the Thomas Edison State College Application for Financial Aid and the FAFSA
- All Veteran students are strongly advised complete the TESC Application for Financial Aid to supplement any expense that Military Benefits do not cover
All Veteran students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA)
*The Thomas Edison State College school code is 011648
Complete the Thomas Edison State College Veteran Benefit Information Sheet (VBIS)
- This is an electronic form and will only be processed if you submit it with your CoE.
Register for Classes*
- Active Duty, Reservist and National Guard members register through the GoArmyEd portal only* Due to the sequestration all Active Duty, Reservist and National Guard members register directly with the College (below) until further notice
- All other Veteran Students, including Navy, Marines and Coast Guards students can register here or by calling (609) 633-9242
*Out-of-pocket tuition and fees which are not covered under the Post 9/11 GI Bill may apply to out-of-state students who are separated from service and are utilizing veteran benefits. These out-of-pocket costs can be subsidized by the Yellow Ribbon Program; however enrollment is limited. View more Yellow Ribbon information.