Education Counselor Information
Thomas Edison State College is a participant in the Navy College Program Distance Learning Partnership (NCPDLP), which meets the educational needs of sailors who want to earn a college degree during their service with the Navy. The College is one of 32 institutions partnering with the Navy College Program to provide greater access to higher education and offers rating-related associate and bachelor's degree programs that maximize Navy training to fulfill degree requirements.
The program builds on the existing Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges-Navy (SOCNAV) foundation, which supports both the Sailor's mobile lifestyle and educational goals.
Since 2007, the College has been named one of the country's top ten military-friendly institutions by Military Advanced Education magazine.
To apply, students visit the Thomas Edison State College website and apply online. There is a $75 application fee, which is unfortunately NOT covered by Tuition Assistance.
The student will receive and ID # once the application is processed- within approximately 5-7 business days.
NCPACE Students who have completed at least one TESC course should contact [email protected] prior to application.
Sailors can transfer up to:
- 80 credits from a regionally accredited community college
- 90 credits from CLEP, DANTES/DSST
- Up to 96 credits from a regionally accredited four-year institution
- Up to 25 credits from approved FEMA ISP courses
- Up to 90 credits from international institutions. An international credit evaluation is required in order to transfer these credits
- Unlimited ACE credits
- Defense Language Proficiency Tests (DLPT), AP exams, and licenses/certifications
- Undergraduate courses: $250 per credit
- Undergraduate nursing courses: $379 per credit
- Graduate courses with the exception of MBA courses: $576 per credit
- Graduate nursing courses: $ 576 per credit
- MBA courses: $619.00 per credit
Residency Requirement (As of October 12, 2012)
- Associate degree: 12 credits
- Bachelors degree: 24 credits
To register for a course, students log into their Student Services account through MyEdison.
Students must send their TA document to [email protected] once registration is submitted through Student Services.
If the student's TA has not yet been approved, they should choose the "TA PENDING" option on the payment screen and send the TA document as soon as it is received by fax to (609) 984-7143 or email [email protected].
Students will receive a confirmation once they are registered for a course. Courses may not be viewable or accessed until the day before they begin via MyEdison.
For further assistance please call us at (866) 446-1804 (toll-free within the U.S.) or (609) 281-5215 or email [email protected].