Education Counselor Information
Thomas Edison State College, a long-standing member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC), has been providing specialized educational opportunities for members of the United States military for more than 30 years, and continually develops degree programs specifically for Army personnel that optimize military training and experience.
Since 2007, the College has been named one of the country's top ten military-friendly institutions by Military Advanced Education magazine.
Thomas Edison State College is proud to have been selected as one of the College of the American Soldier (CAS) colleges. Under this program first term soldiers, as well as NCOs are afforded an opportunity to earn a degree while serving in the military by maximizing credit transfer between colleges, college credit for military training and education.
Students apply using the Common Application through GoArmyEd. Once the College receives their common application, it will process within 3-5 business days.
**Graduate students must also apply using the College’s online application and submit supporting documents.
If a degree plan is not listed in GoArmyEd, select "Other." Once the common application is received, our admissions department will be reaching out to the soldier to ensure that he/she can declare the degree plan.
Soldiers can transfer up to:
- 80 credits from a regionally accredited community college
- 90 credits from CLEP, DANTES/DSST
- Up to 120 credits from a regionally accredited four-year institution
- Up to 25 credits from approved FEMA ISP courses
- Up to 90 credits from international institutions. An international credit evaluation is required in order to transfer these credits
- Unlimited ACE credits
- Defense Language Proficiency Tests (DLPT), AP exams, and licenses/certifications
GoArmyEd registration differs from the College’s Academic Calendar. Courses begin monthly. Please refer to the Course Search in GoArmyEd for registration dates.
- Undergraduate courses: $250 per credit
- Undergraduate nursing courses: $379 per credit
- Graduate courses with the exception of MBA courses: $576 per credit
- Graduate nursing courses: $ 576 per credit
- MBA courses: $619.00 per credit
Residency Requirement (As of October 12, 2012)
- Associate degree - 12 credits
- Bachelors degree - 24 credits
Soldiers register through GoArmyEd
A non-degree service to individuals who wish to document college-level learning.
For further assistance please call us at (866) 446-1804 (toll-free within the U.S.) or (609) 281-5215 or [email protected].
One of the Top Military-Friendly Institutions in the U.S.
Military & Veteran Education Support Center