Air Force Tuition Assistance
Students who are enlisted in the Air Force and are interested in tuition assistance provided by the Air Force can follow the following steps (if you already have your TA, please go to step 13):
- Log on to your Air Force portal account
- Go to "Quick Links" or "Force Development" and click on "Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC)."
- Verify and update all personal info (phone, e-mail, etc.) in the "My Personal Data" link on right side of the page.
- Verify that your servicing education center is correct - assigned in Hawaii, then chose Hickam.
On the right side of the page, click on "My Self Service Apps" and select "Apply for TA" and follow the step-by-step procedure by entering enrollment reason, school, term dates, course information (course number and title (i.e. ENG-101 Composition I) and verify the cost per semester or quarter hour). Course information can be added directly from the online database or manually by using the "Add Course Form" at the top of the course selection page. If you select the course from the database you must verify the costs and course location with your school then make any necessary changes. Refundable fees, such as technology or lab fees, should be added in the "course fee" not included with the tuition per credit cost.
Note: Tuition assistance does not cover registration/enrollment fees.
- Verify enrollment information, read and check all conditions and certifications.
- Enter Air Force Portal user name. If unknown, click on "My Account – Profile" on right side of AFVEC.
- If everything is correct, you will see a page that displays your TA number. You can verify this in "My Enrollments."
- The education office has two duty days to process your Tuition Assistance request. *It is important that you contact your servicing education officer for direct procedures.
- You will then receive an e-mail letting you know the status of your Tuition Assistance request. Follow the instructions in the e-mail.
- Once your Tuition Assistance request has been approved, repeat steps one and two to access your approved Tuition Assistance.
- Under the "Self Service Apps" click the "My Enrollments" link.
- Click the printer icon that is to the left of the TA number to print out your Tuition Assistance form.
- Register for classes using TESC’s Online Student Services
Send a copy of the approved tuition voucher to [email protected] or fax it to (609) 984-7143. Include your student ID# on the document. Please do not include your social security number.
**If you are still waiting on your TA Voucher, you are able to choose "TA PENDING" during the Online Student Service registration process. Please send the TA as soon as you have it to [email protected] or fax it to (609) 984-7143. You will be dropped from the course 10 days prior to start date if the TA is not provided.
For problems with your Air Force Portal account, call the Air Force HelpDesk at DSN 596-5771, options 1,1,7,9 or toll free (877) 596-5771, options 1,1,7,9. Contact Military and Veteran Education Support if you need additional assistance.
Air Force Tuition Assistance Tips
One of the Top Military-Friendly Institutions in the U.S.
Military & Veteran Education Support