Announcing a new deferred billing option for our partners!
Important notes for students:
- 1. Students must register online to enroll in the payment plan. No phone, mail, email, or fax registrations.
- 2. Students with pending FA will not be eligible to register for the payment plan for 2014JUL.
- Learn More
Why Thomas Edison State College?
Welcome Kennedy Health System Nurses.
Kennedy Health System has partnered with the W. Cary Edwards School of Nursing at Thomas Edison State College to offer the opportunity for its registered nurse employees to advance their education through degree or certificate completion.
We understand that most nurses cannot put their lives on hold in order to sit in a classroom at a specific time and place. At the same time, you are aware of the positive impact that an advanced degree has on your career.
You can do this.
Your schedule is demanding.
Our schedule works around you. We offer programs designed for experienced RNs who want an alternative to campus-based education.
You need convenience.
At Thomas Edison State College, you can earn your degree or certificate whenever and wherever you want such as in the comfort of your home or the local library. You can enroll any day of the year. Courses begin quarterly in July, October, January and April. General education courses begin monthly.
You need flexibility.
The College offers flexible course delivery options that best fit your learning style. In addition to taking classes online or through Guided Study, nurses may complete requirements by taking and passing standardized examinations or using Web-based assessments designed to help them master a course. Credit may also be earned for college-level learning acquired outside the classroom or by taking advantage of our liberal transfer policy on credits earned from other regionally accredited colleges or universities.
You deserve an affordable education.
As a nurse, you have already received a valuable education. Thomas Edison State College honors that education by awarding up to 80 credits in transfer from a community college program and up to 60 credits for an RN diploma program. Additional credits earned at a college or university or through other recognized college-level programs may also apply.
This is for you.
- The College has built its entire academic program around the unique needs of adult learners, removing the barriers that limit many excellent undergraduate and graduate school candidates who juggle family and career responsibilities.
- Thomas Edison State College is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The School of Nursing's RN-BSN program is accredited by the New Jersey Board of Nursing and the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). The RN/BSN-MSN program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Click here to find out more.
“When I received my Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree from Thomas Edison State College, many opportunities opened up. I have been a nurse for more than 23 years, and find that MSN-prepared nurses are valued and in demand. Not only do I feel prepared to present and teach; I also feel that I am a role model for my profession. The nursing experience I received at clinical bedside gave me a vital foundation; my MSN will help me to be a leader.”
- Donna Cybulski, RN, MSN '10
Clinical Care Educator
Kennedy Health System