Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership
The Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership meets the State of New Jersey's Supervisor Endorsement requirement. To be eligible for the certificate, candidates must:
- hold a master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- hold a standard New Jersey instructional or educational services certificate or its out-of-State equivalent
- have completed three years of successful, full-time teaching and/or educational services experience
Note: as part of the program application requirements students must also submit all undergraduate transcripts.
To meet the requirements set forth by the New Jersey Department of Education, candidates must earn at least 12 graduate credits to include:
- three (3) credits in general principles of staff supervision in grades preschool through 12
- three (3) credits in general principles of curriculum development for grades preschool through 12
- three (3) elective credits in curriculum development
- three (3) credits in staff supervision and/or curriculum development (N.J.A.C. 6A: 9-12.6)
The New Jersey Department of Education requires six credits in curriculum development, including EDL-520 and EDL-530. The department also requires three credits in staff supervision and allows a three credit elective in staff supervision. To meet these requirements, students must take EDL-540 and EDL-660.
|EDL-520: Standards-Based Curriculum, Development, Pre K-12||3|
|EDL-530: Critical Issues in Curriculum Design & Evaluation, Pre K-12||3|
|EDL-540: Curriculum Leadership & Supervision||3|
|EDL-660: Human Resources Administration||3|
Enrollment in these courses is limited to students matriculated in the Educational Leadership Certificate or MAEdL program.