Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership
The Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership meets the State of New Jersey's Supervisor Endorsement requirement. To be eligible for the certificate, candidates must:
- hold a master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- hold a standard New Jersey instructional or educational services certificate or its out-of-State equivalent
- have completed three years of successful, full-time teaching and/or educational services experience
To meet the requirements set forth by the New Jersey Department of Education, candidates must earn at least 12 graduate credits to include:
- three (3) credits in general principles of staff supervision in grades preschool through 12
- three (3) credits in general principles of curriculum development for grades preschool through 12
- three (3) elective credits in curriculum development
- three (3) credits in staff supervision and/or curriculum development (N.J.A.C. 6A: 9-12.6)
The New Jersey Department of Education requires six credits in curriculum development, including EDL-520 and EDL-530. The department also requires three credits in staff supervision and allows a three credit elective in staff supervision. To meet these requirements, students must take EDL-540 and EDL-660.
|EDL-520: Standards-Based Curriculum, Development, Pre K-12||3|
|EDL-530: Critical Issues in Curriculum Design & Evaluation, Pre K-12||3|
|EDL-540: Curriculum Leadership & Supervision||3|
|EDL-660: Human Resources Administration||3|
Enrollment in these courses is limited to students matriculated in the Educational Leadership Certificate or MAEdL program.