Associate Level Capstone Course requirements
The Associate Level Capstone Course is an in-depth, student-centered experience which requires the integration of theory and practical experience. Students will demonstrate an understanding of their knowledge by applying it to a specific project. Students must have significant current experience (within the last 5 years)* in the field of their area of study in order to complete the degree program. This experience must be documented and approved as soon as possible after enrolling. While this experience is usually full time paid employment, the requirement may also be satisfied through documentation of part time or volunteer experience according to the following standards.
- Six months relevant, full time documented employment
- Part time relevant documented employment that consists of at least 800 hours total experience.
- Relevant documented volunteer service, at the appropriate level, that consists of a minimum of 800 hours total experience.
- Any combination of the above that satisfies the minimum hours of experience
*Currency requirements may be waived at the discretion of the dean.To enroll in the Associate Level Capstone course, you must have completed:
- 6 credits of English composition
- 6 credits in Social Science
- 15 credits of required courses