Degree completion for adult learners is at the heart of what distinguishes Thomas Edison State College from other regionally accredited colleges and universities in the United States. Our entire academic program is focused on helping our students finish their degrees without sacrificing their personal and professional responsibilities.
Since it was established in 1972, Thomas Edison State College has been dedicated exclusively to the unique needs of adults who want to finish a college degree they started earlier in life or earn a master’s degree with the same flexible methods available to our undergraduate students.
How can you finish your degree?
|What You Can Study||Ultimate Flexibility|
|Generous Credit Transfer||The Quality You Expect|
|Getting the Credit You Deserve||Outcomes Employers Want|
|Setting Your Own Pace|
- Degree completion for adults is not limited to just liberal studies
- Students can select from more than 100 areas of study
- Students can develop their own learner-designed area of study
- Learn more about what you can study
- Transfer up to 80 credits from regionally accredited community colleges
- Transfer up to 120 credits from regionally accredited four-year institutions
- Transfer credits earned via exam programs, such as CLEP and DANTES
- Learn more about transfer credit
- Earn credit for professional training
- Earn credit for programs evaluated by ACE
- Earn credit for military training
- Earn credit for professional certifications and licensures
- Earn credit for demonstrating college-level knowledge acquired outside the classroom
- Learn more about earning credit for what you already know
- Flexible schedules allow students to set their own pace
- New undergraduate terms and courses are offered every month
- New graduate terms and most graduate courses are offered four times a year
- View our academic calendar
- All courses are delivered to you – no campus visits are required
- Complete your courses on your schedule
- Take online courses, credit-by-exam and guided, independent study
- Learn about course options
- Thomas Edison State College is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (267-284-5000)
- The College’s nursing programs are accredited by the New Jersey Board of Nursing, the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- The College’s educational leadership program is accredited by Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Learn more about our accreditation
- A 2009 meta-analysis by the U.S. Department of Education found that, on average, students in online learning conditions performed better than those receiving face-to-face instruction. Learn more about this study.
- According to the Association of American Colleges and Universities, employers believe institutions of higher learning should place more emphasis on learning outcomes, such as written and oral communication; critical thinking and analytic reasoning; the application of knowledge and skills in real-world settings; complex problem solving; ethical decision making, and teamwork skills.
- These outcomes are aligned with the outcomes of many academic programs at Thomas Edison State College.