TECEP® Policies and Contact Info
Thomas Edison State College reserves the right to cancel or withdraw TECEP® exams when necessary.Registration and Testing
- You must test by the last day of the 12-week term in which you register. There are no extensions for TECEP® exams.
- To test after your term ends, you must re-register and pay a new test fee.
- You may withdraw through the last day of your term. Course withdrawal refund policies apply. Policies are listed in the College Catalog.
- If you don’t test or withdraw by the end of your term you will receive an NC grade. It will not affect your GPA or be included on your transcript.
- You may retake a TECEP exam one additional time if you do not pass.
- You must wait 3 months before re-testing.
- You must register again and pay a new test fee.
- Students found using unauthorized aids/assistance during the administration or copying/removing/sharing test information will be subject to the Academic Code of Conduct.
It is not possible to review a TECEP® exam after administration. Students with concerns should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include their name, College ID, course code, and test date. Any concerns regarding a specific test administration should be submitted within 90 days of the receipt of the grade report.
In order to maintain compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, the College cannot release test results via telephone, e-mail, or fax.Contact Information
- The Center for the Assessment of Learning supervises test development and test descriptions.
- The Office of the Registrar supervises TECEP registration.
- The Office of Test Administration supervises testing and proctor arrangements and test grading.
What Does a TECEP® Cost?