TECEP® Policies and Contact Info
Thomas Edison State College reserves the right to cancel or withdraw TECEP® exams when necessary.
Registration and Testing
- You must test by the last day of the 12-week term in which you register. There are no extensions for TECEP® exams.
- To test after your term ends, you must re-register and pay a new test fee.
- You may withdraw through the last day of your term. Course withdrawal refund policies apply. Policies are listed in the College Catalog.
- If you don’t test or withdraw by the end of your term you will receive an NC grade. It will not affect your GPA or be included on your transcript.
- You may retake a TECEP exam one additional time if you do not pass.
- You must register again and pay a new test fee.
Test Administration Ethics
- Students found using unauthorized aids/assistance during the administration or copying/removing/sharing test information will be subject to the Academic Code of Conduct.
- It is not possible to review a TECEP® exam after administration. Students with concerns should e-mail email@example.com and include their name, College ID, course code, and test date. Any concerns regarding a specific test administration should be submitted within 90 days of the receipt of the grade report.
- In order to maintain compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, the College cannot release test results via telephone, e-mail, or fax.
- The Office of Test Administration supervises testing and proctor arrangements and test grading. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Center for the Assessment of Learning supervises test development and test descriptions. (email@example.com)
- The Office of the Registrar supervises TECEP registration. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What Does a TECEP® Cost?