Why Thomas Edison State College?
Thomas Edison State College and Curves have entered into a partnership to offer students a new and unique educational opportunity in the area of Fitness and Wellness Services.
The goal of the program is to provide Curves franchise owners and employees with academic programs that will not only exercise their minds, but assist them in providing their members with a high-quality fitness experience.
Through the Fitness and Wellness Services Program, Curves franchise owners and employees have two educational options.
- Certificate in Fitness and Wellness Services
- Associate in Science in Public and Social Services degree
Founded in 1972 specifically to serve adults, Thomas Edison State College is unique in higher education because students may earn their college degree totally at a distance. The College is accredited by the Middles States Association of Colleges and Schools and grants associate, baccalaureate and master's degrees in more than 100 areas of study. The College focuses on meeting the needs of the adult student and assists you in earning and accumulating college credit in five ways:
- Credits recognized by ACE for courses offered at many businesses and institutions
- Credits earned from other regionally accredited colleges or universities
- Credits earned through College Equivalency Examinations such as TECEP®, CLEP and DANTES
- The College's distance learning courses via guided study or online
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) credits for college-level learning acquired outside the classroom, or through life experiences that equate to college courses
What does all this mean for you?
It means Curves franchise owners and employees can obtain their certificate or associate's degree without leaving their hometown.
Frequently Asked Questions:
May I transfer credits I've earned at other colleges?
If you've attended a regionally accredited college, Thomas Edison State College will transfer up to 80 credits from a junior college and an unlimited amount of credits from a four-year higher education institution.
How long will it take to get my degree?
That varies according to the individual and the various credit-earning methods used to obtain the required credits. It may be possible for a student with no previously earned college credits, to earn their certificate in Fitness and Wellness Services in less than a year.
Test Drive an Online Course
Interested in trying out an online course?