Sending in Transcripts and Other Documentation for Evaluation

1. How do I send transcripts and other documentation to TESC for evaluation?

TESC will evaluate only official transcripts. Faxed, scanned, PDF, e-mailed, unofficial, student copies and photocopies will not be evaluated.

Official transcripts should be mailed by the institution directly to TESC. In some instances, applicants may have the transcript mailed to them, and then forward the transcript in the original unopened envelope to TESC.

Official transcripts may also be sent via the following secured electronic delivery systems if the sending institution is a member:
New Jersey Transfer

Undergraduate applicants: have transcripts sent to:
The Office of the Registrar
Thomas Edison State College
101 W. State St.
Trenton, NJ 08608-1176

Graduate applicants: have transcripts sent to:
ATTN: Graduate Admissions
Office of Admissions
Thomas Edison State College
101 W. State St.
Trenton, NJ, 08608-1176

2. How do I send foreign credit for review?

TESC will not evaluate transcripts from other countries. We will accept the credit recommendations from one of the following agencies when the recommendations are based on a course by course evaluation and sent on an official transcript to TESC.

American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
World Educational Services, Inc. (WES)
Educational Perspectives, nfp. (EP)

For a full listing of International Student Policies, as well as contact information for the agencies listed above, please visit our College Catalog.

3. How do I send military credit for review?

You may request to have official military transcripts sent by contacting your corresponding military service branch. For more information regarding contact information for each military branch visit Earning Credits for Military Training.

Please note that Coast Guard, Army, Marine Corps and Navy Active Duty Reserve and Veterans can now request an official transcript through the Joint Services Transcript website.

4. I have credit from a nontraditional source (licenses, certificates, examinations, ACE/NCCRS credit) –how do I have it evaluated for TESC credit?

Thomas Edison State College accepts and awards credit for many types of professional training, licenses and certificates, and different examination programs.


    TESC awards credit for different college-level examination programs. An official transcript from the institution must be sent in order for credit to be awarded.

    For more information regarding Exam programs-please visit Examination Programs.


    For a complete listing of licenses and certifications that TESC has reviewed for credit, please visit Licenses and Certifications.

    In most cases, an official notarized copy of the license/ certification needs to be sent in order for credit to be awarded.

  • PROFESSIONAL TRAINING REVIEWED BY ACE (American Council on Education) & NCCRS (National CCRS)

    TESC also awards credit for professional training that has been reviewed by ACE and NCCRS. For more information about professional training please visit Professional Training Programs.

    TESC requires an official ACE transcript for ACE-reviewed professional training, and an official transcript from the credit-awarding organization for NCCRS-reviewed professional training.