myEdison® / Course Access
Through the new, single sign-on College Portal, students access their Moodle courses, as well as Online Student Services and links to many other student resources such as the Google Apps, advising appointments, textbooks and College announcements and alerts.
Trouble logging in? View the Common Issues page»
How to access myEdison courses:
To access myEdison, you will use the same login name and password as Online Student Services (OSS), but will insert the domain of: students\ in front of your first name.last name user name.
For example, your user name will be: students\jane.smith
Your password will be the same one you use for Online Student Services (OSS).
Your existing OSS password may allow you access to OSS but may not work upon initial login to the College Portal.
If you experience this type of error while logging into the College Portal, or if you have forgotten your password or receive a password error, visit the Password Reset page for more information. If you still are unable to log into the College Portal after resetting your password, submit a ticket through OSS or send an e-mail to [email protected].
Moodle Course Space:
Once you are in the College Portal click on your Moodle class. On the first attempt you may get an error like these below. Please watch the Portal Login Instructional Video to fix these issues.
The login to Moodle failed.
SSO credentials for user "0#.w|students\thomas.edison" could not be found in application "MoodleSSO" Enter your credentials.
- The login to Moodle failed. Click here to enter your Moodle username and password.
For additional assistance, please send an e-mail to the Learner Support Center at [email protected].
- Why has Thomas Edison State College moved to a new learning management system (LMS)?
- What is Moodle?
- What is unique about our Moodle courses spaces?
- So, I can compose an Excel spreadsheet for my managerial finance class without having Microsoft Excel loaded on the computer or mobile device I’m using?
- What does it mean to have a single sign-on?
- How do students access their courses?
- Can students still enrolled in courses offered on the old Blackboard system still access to old portal and their Blackboard courses?
- Will this change the way course examinations are taken?
- Q:Why has Thomas Edison State College moved to a new learning management system (LMS)?
Thomas Edison State College made the strategic decision to transition to a new learning management system (LMS) to provide greater flexibility and efficiency for the development, design and delivery of new courses and to better position the institution to leverage the latest technologies in education to deliver courses to our students in a richer, more meaningful way.Top
- Q:What is Moodle?
Moodle, which stands for Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment, is an open source learning management system (LMS) that provides educators with the latest tools to manage learning and provides students with a richer, more flexible experience. Some institutions use Moodle to support fully online courses while others use it to supplement traditional brick-and-mortal classroom experiences.Top
- Q:What is unique about our Moodle courses spaces?
We believe the navigation of the Moodle course is improved in the new course space and students will have less clicks to find their course elements and complete their course work.
Another helpful feature is the addition of Google Apps, a suite of programs that use cloud-based technology, which enable students to create spreadsheets, documents, PowerPoint presentations, access multimedia presentations and other programs required for their courses. Using Google Apps and Google Docs, students can access and submit their assignment regardless of the computer, tablet or other device they are using or the software installed on that device. Students will automatically gain access to a College-sponsored Google account when they register for a course.Top
- Q:So, I can compose an Excel spreadsheet for my managerial finance class without having Microsoft Excel loaded on the computer or mobile device I’m using?
Exactly. Once students access myEdison®, they can log in to their Google account to access Google Apps along with all the necessary programs required for the course.Top
- Q:What does it mean to have a single sign-on?
A single sign-on means students will sign in once, using one user ID and password, to access the new portal, their Moodle courses, Online Student Services and other student resources.Top
- Q:How do students access their courses?
Students access their courses through the new myEdison® student portal.Top
- Q:Can students still enrolled in courses offered on the old Blackboard system still access to old portal and their Blackboard courses?
Yes, the old portal is still active and students can access it via the new myEdison® login page.Top
- Q:Will this change the way course examinations are taken?
No. The format of examinations and the method of completing them remain the same. If a course offers an online proctored exam, students can register with ProctorU and schedule a test date. On the day of the exam, students will log into the ProctorU site for the user authentication process and then be guided to their course space by the ProctorU proctor. If students choose the take the test in the paper format, they will simply submit a Proctor Request Form at the beginning of the semester. Students should check each of their course spaces early in the semester to identify the number and format of examination(s).Top