Thomas Edison State College's 2013 Commencement is scheduled for Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 2 p.m. at the Sun National Bank Center in Trenton, NJ
Thomas Edison State College's Fall Commencement will be held on Saturday, September 28, 2013, at 2 p.m. at the Sun National Bank Center in Trenton, N.J.
Eligible graduates will receive a formal invitation from the Vice President and Provost in early July. Those wishing to participate should return the Commencement Attendance Form to the Office of the Registrar in accordance with the instructions on the invitation. Students who apply for September 2013 graduation will be emailed an invitation to participate in the ceremony after they have been certified for graduation. Tickets, announcements and additional information will be mailed to graduates participating in the Commencement ceremony in late August.
Graduates are asked to arrive for Commencement at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, September 28, 2013. At that time you will receive your academic attire and will be given additional instructions regarding the ceremony. The academic attire has been especially ordered for each individual graduate attending Commencement and is yours to keep following the ceremony.
Below is the tentative schedule for the day’s activities. If you have questions or need additional information, please email [email protected] or call 609-984-1180. We look forward to celebrating with you on September 28th.
Schedule of Events
- 10:00 a.m.
Honors Convocation, Sun National Bank Center, Trenton, N.J.
Eligible graduates will be sent an invitation to participate and will be sent further information when they indicate they will attend.
College Store Opens
College merchandise, diploma frames and College rings will be available for purchase.
- Thank-a-thon opens
- 11:30 a.m.
- Graduates arrive at the Sun National Bank Center
- Photo sessions available for all interested graduates by Legacy Photos. There is no sitting fee for this service. Students will be contacted directly by Legacy Photos following the commencement ceremony with instructions on how to purchase photos.
- Sun National Bank Center opens for guest seating.
- 1:00 p.m.
- Graduate group photo inside Sun National Bank Center. Location will be provided to graduates when they pick up their academic regalia. Graduates should arrive by 12:45 and be dressed in cap and gown.
- 1:30 p.m.
- Graduates report to lower-level of Sun National Bank Center for instructions and line-up.
- 2:00 p.m.
- Commencement ceremony (approximately two hours).
- 4:30 p.m.
- Commencement Alumni Dinner is hosted by the Office of Alumni Affairs. Tickets must be purchased in advance to attend the dinner.
- Purchase tickets online »
- Say thank you to family and friends with the PHT (Putting Him/Her Through) Certificate
- Additional information may be requested from the Office of Alumni Affairs at [email protected] or (609) 633-8592, ext. 2089.
For more information:
- Office of the Registrar: (609) 984-1180 or [email protected].
- When inviting guests to Thomas Edison State College’s Commencement, please take into consideration the length of the ceremony. The Commencement ceremony lasts for approximately two hours. We encourage your participation in the entire ceremony. Out of respect for our graduates, you and your guests are asked to remain throughout the entire ceremony.
- College souvenirs and memorabilia will be available for purchase by the Alumni Association. Representatives will also be on-site for those graduates wishing to purchase a school ring or diploma frame.
- An independent photographer will be available the day of Commencement to take portraits of the graduates.
- Join us for the Commencement Graduate group photo in your cap and gown to participate in this tradition!