Commencement Information for Graduates
The following information is provided for graduates and guests of Thomas Edison State College's 2013 Commencement ceremony held at Sun National Bank Center in Trenton, NJ:
- The entire center is handicapped accessible, but graduates and/or guests with difficulty walking long distances may choose to bring a wheelchair, walker or wheeled walker.
- Events for graduates will be on different levels of the center, accessed via elevators. If you use a cane or crutches, you should consider bringing a wheelchair, which would make it easier for you to maneuver between events. There are approximately 10 steps to the staging area for Commencement; the College is providing a ramp to the stage for anyone not wishing or unable to use the stairs.
- The College provides an interpreter for Commencement who will be on the stage and also shown (split screen) on the Jumbotron viewable from all seats in the center.
- Sun National Bank Center is entirely wheelchair accessible and has handicapped seating located at street level throughout the entire center. Handicapped seating is clearing marked on the Thomas Edison State College Commencement 2013 Diagram link, and guests can request assistance from staff in locating the seating.
- Sun National Bank Center staff will be checking all bags, and will not allow food or beverage to be brought into the center.
Thomas Edison State College Commencement 2013 Diagram provides the interior layout and positioning of Commencement events at the Sun National Bank Center. Please review the diagram so that you can be familiar with the following:
- Entrance Gates
- Parking Lots
- Handicapped Parking by Gate A
Please note: This parking is for guests with a handicapped placard (handicapped placards are not provided by the College). Handicapped parking spots will be available on a first-come, first-park basis. All other vehicles can pull up to Gate B or Gate C (on Hamilton Avenue) to allow passengers to exit, and will then need to park in the lot directly across from the Gate B and Gate C entrances.
- Student Special Services (Disability Services) Table and Lost and Found – located at Gate A
- Handicapped seating noted with icons
- College Store
- Cap and Gown Distribution
- Academic Awards Ceremony and Commencement Ceremony Stage
- Group Photo Location
- Legacy Photo for Graduates
- Graduate Seating
You are encouraged to bring a copy of this diagram as well as information found on this page with you to Commencement.
Additional information providing Directions and Parking for the Sun National Bank Center can be found at: http://www.sunnationalbankcenter.com/directions-parking.php
Congratulations on completing your degree; the entire staff of Thomas Edison State College looks forward to a wonderful ceremony honoring your success!