The Area of Study in Project Management prepares students for PMI and other types of certification as project management professionals.
Regardless of your industry, market segment, or location project management skills are always in demand. The specialization provides a comprehensive overview of the field according to the Project Life Cycle model and nine areas of competency outlined by the Project Management Institute (PMI), the thought leader of contemporary project management practice and scholarship.
The 12 graduate credits earned are applied to the Master of Science in Management degree program at Thomas Edison State College. Students must complete the 24 core credit requirements of the Master of Science in Management degree program, as listed in the program template.
These areas of competency are:
- Management of project integration throughout all phases of the life cycle
- Project scope and planning
- Deliverables definition and activity scheduling
- Cost and budget
- Quality principle
- Human resources and team leadership
- Formal and informal communications and documentation
- Risk planning and monitoring
- Contracts and procurement
|Area of Study Courses||Credits|
|PJM-510 Project Management||(3)|
|Student may select (3) courses||9|
|PJM-520 Project Leadership and Communication||(3)|
|PJM-530 Project Risk Management||(3)|
|PJM-540 Procurement and Vendor Management||(3)|
|PJM-640 Global Project Management||(3)|