|Term||Application Deadline||Term Start Date|
|Sept. 2015||Aug. 17, 2015||Aug. 31, 2015|
|Jan. 2016||Dec 14, 2015||Jan. 4, 2016|
|May 2016||April 18, 2016||May 2, 2016|
All Master of Business Administration candidates are required to have completed undergraduate courses in the following topics: Financial Accounting, Statistics and Microeconomics. Candidates may apply to the MBA program prior to completing these courses and receive conditional acceptance to the program but will not be able to enroll in MBA courses until the prerequisite requirements are satisfied.
The prerequisites for the MBA program can be completed at regionally accredited institutions, including Thomas Edison State College, as long as they were completed within the last seven years and the candidate earned a grade of B or better. The prerequisites can also be completed via credit-by-exam programs, such as a College-Level Exam Program (CLEP) or Thomas Edison State College Examination Program (TECEP®). Students satisfying the Microeconomics requirement via CLEP must earn a score of at least 64. Students satisfying the Financial Accounting via CLEP must earn a score of 50. TECEP® exams are pass/fail.
The prerequisites can also be completed via the College's online, noncredit Graduate Business Degree Preparatory Program.
Candidates who have earned a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or who have passed levels I and II Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exams will be exempt from the Financial Accounting prerequisite requirement.
There are three application periods each year for the MBA program (in January, May and September). Applicants must have earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university and must be ready to participate in an online environment. A minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 is required.
Applicants with an undergraduate GPA less than 3.0 have an option to submit GMAT or GRE scores to enhance their application consideration. If an applicant took the GMAT more than once, the College will look at the highest scores. Scores must be current (within five years of admission) to be considered valid.
A minimum of two years of professional, managerial or related experience is required, which includes a solid understanding of business activities such as marketing, financial reporting, management and operations. Alternatively, students may be admitted to the program without such depth of knowledge if they have some work experience as well as an undergraduate business degree.
All MBA program applicants are requested to submit a graduate application essay for review by MBA Admissions Committee. The committee will assess applicants' background and writing skills.
Select one essay question: (Responses are limited to a maximum of 500 words)
- At Thomas Edison State College, we believe each individual has his or her own leadership style. How has your family, culture, and/or environment influenced you as a leader?
- How will your background, values, and non-work activities enhance the experience of other MBA students at the College and add value to the College's diverse culture?
- What personal qualities or life experiences distinguish you from other applicants? How do these qualities or experiences equip you to contribute to the College?
- The document may be viewed electronically; we cannot support embedded videos, music, or motion images. Additionally, hyperlinks will not be viewed.
- Essays will be evaluated on the quality of content and ability to convey your ideas, not on technical expertise or presentation.
- Essays must be typed in a double spaced format and include the applicant's name on each page.
- Essays are limited to a maximum of 500 words.
Meet the Dean
“Our MBA is an accelerated, highly flexible and career-focused degree program that is offered completely online and provides graduates with competencies that are in demand by the fastest growing professions and industries.”
Create an Account to Apply Today