Bachelor of Science in Applied Science
The Bachelor of Science in Applied Science and Technology (BSAST) degree program enables mid-career adults in a wide range of applied fields meet their educational and professional needs while completing a baccalaureate degree.
If more than 60 credits are transferred into the program and those credits are more than 10 years old at the time of application, students will be required to demonstrate the currency of their knowledge.
Select an Area of Study
Students select the area of study, or major, that matches their expertise or profession. Several areas of study, required students to possess professional certification or licensure. In some cases, students are required to complete a full year of calculus to meet degree requirements.
Students pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Applied Science and Technology may select from the following areas of study:
- Air Traffic Control
- Automotive Performance Technology
- Aviation Flight Technology
- Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Biomedical Electronics
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Dental Hygiene
- Electrical Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Energy Systems Technology
- Energy Utility Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Fire Protection Science
- Health Services Technology
- Information Technology
- Laboratory Animal Science
- Learner Designed Area of Study
- Medical Imaging
- Military Technology Leadership*
- Nuclear Energy Engineering Technology
- Nuclear Engineering Technology
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Radiation Protection
- Radiation Therapy
- Respiratory Care
- Technical Studies
The Bachelor of Science in Applied Science and Technology (BSAST) degree is a 120-credit program.
*available only to military personnel or veterans
Leverage Your Training
Have you earned a professional license or certification, or acquired college-level technical expertise on the job? If so, it may be worth college credit. The College also offers a variety of other ways to earn credit, including transferring previous college credits, all designed around the needs of adult learners, like you.