Adults Back to College: Picking Up Where You Left Off
At Thomas Edison State College, every season is Back to School season.
New semesters start every month.
Our Adults Back to College Program provides financial incentives and specialized services for former students who attended college earlier in life, but who were unable to earn their degree. Our goal is to re-engage with students interested in taking advantage of a unique opportunity to get back to school and complete a college degree at Thomas Edison State College.
- The program is open only to New Jersey residents age 20 or older who attended a college or university in New Jersey within the past 10 years, but left the institution in good standing before earning an undergraduate degree
- Candidates for the program should have completed at least 50 percent of the credits required for the degree
- Up to $200 to cover past balances for fees owed to Thomas Edison State College
- Up to $200 to cover fees associated for courses during a student's first term at Thomas Edison State College
- Up to $250 in text book vouchers during a student’s first term at Thomas Edison State College
- The College’s $75 application fee waived
- Complementary prior learning assessment workshop, a $170 value, will benefit students who have the appropriate expertise and college-level knowledge
Specialized Services for Adults Coming Back
Students enrolled through the Adults Back to College Program will receive individualized support for 12 months designed to foster student success. Each participant will receive a “college coach,” based on their degree program that serves as a liaison to the College and guides the student through areas such as:
- Financial Aid
- Academic Advising
- Course Registration
- Course Work
Coaches will provide academic advising to support students in the program and track their progress to help identify any issues or challenges students may be experiencing issues in a course while attending Thomas Edison State College. The goal of the coaches is to foster retention and guide the student toward degree completion.
Benefits to former Thomas Edison State College Students
- Your past credits are still valid, including transfer credits.
- Once you reapply, you can submit new items to be evaluated at no additional cost.
- Now, there are even more options. You can easily change your degree program if your educational focus has changed.
To learn more about the Adults Back to College Program, contact us at [email protected].
Apply and have your application fee waived
When completing the online application, on page 8, under Partner Affiliation, please select ADULT BACK TO COLLEGE-COMEBACK in the drop down box. This will ensure your application fee will be waived as long as you are eligible for the program and enroll no later than June 30, 2014.
Helpful Study Tips for Adult Students
Below are recorded webinars produced by the Adults Back to College (ABC) program staff that have proved very helpful to our adult students, whether they are returning to college after several years or just beginning.
Attend an Information Session
Information Sessions are held throughout the year and provide prospective students with the opportunity to meet College staff and learn more about the admissions process, financial aid, enrolling and what it is like taking an online course.