Enrollment FAQs

How do I enroll in a degree program at Thomas Edison State College?

Thomas Edison State College considers students enrolled when they pay the Comprehensive Tuition Plan, the Enrolled Options Plan and Technology Services Fee or course tuition as part of the Per Credit Tuition Plan. A student’s enrollment date is defined as the date the College receives the Annual Enrollment Tuition or Comprehensive Tuition or the 10th day of a term in which the student enrolls under the Per Credit Tuition Plan. This fee or tuition covers a period of one year of service. Students who are enrolled in the Per Credit Tuition Plan must earn at least three Thomas Edison State College credits in each continuous 12 month period to maintain activity. Students who are enrolled with the College under these plans may choose to complete their degree requirements at TESC or by assessment or transfer credits or through a combination of both methods. This enrolled student status requirement applies even if you select a degree program for which we don’t offer all the courses you must take to meet the requirements.

Students enrolled in some Thomas Edison State College degree programs, such as School of Nursing programs, and through contractual and military agreements [i.e., Corporate Choice®, GoArmyEd, Military Degree Completion Program (MDCP), Navy College Program, and the Rutgers University School of Health Related Professions joint degree program], maintain the enrolled student status by demonstrating academic activity by attempting a minimum of 3 semester hour credits over the course of the 12 month period for which they are enrolled.

In addition, students enrolled in Thomas Edison State College through the enrollment plans listed below must complete a credit hour residency requirement in order to graduate from Thomas Edison State College:

  • Per Credit Tuition Plan
  • Military Degree Completion Plan
  • Navy College Partnership Program
  • GoArmyEd/eArmyU Program

Residency requirements are courses that you must complete at Thomas Edison State College. Residency requirements at Thomas Edison State College do not mean that you must physically come to the College or attend courses at any physical location.


How do I check my enrollment status?

You can check your enrolled student status in myEdison. Your Student Profile page shows "Student Status" on the top right.


What are the benefits to having and maintaining enrolled student status?

You must maintain continuous enrolled student status in the College by selecting one of the enrollment plans at least once a year in order to be eligible to continue under the same degree requirements shown on your academic evaluation.

You must maintain continuous enrollment in the College to be eligible to apply for and be reviewed for graduation. This student status requirement applies even if you select a degree program for which we do not offer all the courses you must take to meet the requirements or if you need additional time beyond your annual enrollment to complete your final course(s) with Thomas Edison State College.

As an enrolled student, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with a College advisor to thoroughly review your evaluation and develop a degree program. During this important process, your advisor will work with you to develop a pathway that maps out how you will earn your degree.

As an enrolled student, you will have enhanced access to myEdison, the College's online course management system, which enables you access your courses. Students can register in real time for courses online through Online Student Services. You may also register via telephone by calling (888) 442-8372 Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., via fax at (609) 292-1657 or via the U.S. mail.

As an enrolled student, you will be eligible to register for Thomas Edison State College courses at enrolled student rates or up to 36 credits at no cost if you select the comprehensive plan.


What should I do if my enrolled student status lapses?

If your enrolled student status lapses at any point, and you have not officially requested and been approved for a Leave of Absence from the College, you are officially no longer pursuing a degree plan at Thomas Edison State College. You will not be able to return to graduate at a later date with the same degree plan if your enrolled student status has lapsed.

Should you decide to return in the future, you will be required to complete the degree requirements and follow College policies in effect at the time of your return. Please be aware that there may be significant differences between your original academic evaluation and plan and the new ones and you may be required to complete more courses than were required when your enrolled student status ended.

You may continue to take courses at Thomas Edison State College as a non-matriculated or non-degree seeking student. However, you will no longer have access to an academic evaluation online and you will need to reapply in the future in order to determine your new degree requirements.