Apply for an Online Graduate Degree
Admission to the graduate degree programs at Thomas Edison State College is competitive. You must have earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university, and you must be ready to participate in an online environment, via the Internet and e-mail, and engage intellectually with the materials, the mentors and the other students.
Although we do not require the MAT or GRE, if you’ve taken these tests, you may send us the results. If you are an international student whose primary language is not English, you must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) — the test is required for both the degree and certificate programs.
Learn more about graduate admissions requirements.
If you’re applying for a graduate degree program in an area other than nursing or educational leadership, follow these steps:
- Plan to apply at least six weeks before the term starts. While we accept applications throughout the year, you should apply at least six weeks before the beginning of the term you’d like to start.
- Explore our online graduate degree programs.
- Complete the application. The application includes a statement of background and goals as well as an essay. Applicants must also submit two letters of recommendation and a current resume. Submit the application and all supporting materials to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Have transcripts from all colleges and universities you’ve attended sent directly to the College.
- If you are an international students whose primary language is not English, submit your TOEFL scores. These must come directly from the College Board.
- Expect an answer within two weeks from receipt of your completed application.
- Explore your financial aid options.
Create an Account to Apply Today
Our simple online tool helps you plan.
Deadline for Degree Programs
To start Jan. 1: apply by Nov. 15
To start April 1: apply by Feb. 15
To start July 1: apply by May 15
To start Oct. 1: apply by Aug. 15
Temporary Panel Catcher.