The Thomas Edison State College Scholarship Program is designed to assist students in meeting their financial commitments to the College while they take advantage of the many credit earning options available to them. The College Scholarship Committee, in conjunction with the Office of Development, conducts the annual award period. The list of current scholarships and the associated award period dates are available on the College website at www.tesc.edu under Tuition and Financial Aid. Recipients for each scholarship are selected based on a competitive application process. Scholarship awards are disbursed after the notification to and acceptance by recipients is completed. Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria.
Scholarship applicants must:
- Be enrolled at Thomas Edison State College at the time of application
- Have applied for financial aid (federal, state [N.J. residents only] and Thomas Edison State College)
- Have a 3.0 Thomas Edison State College GPA at the time of application
- Have completed a minimum of 12 Thomas Edison State College credits each academic year since enrollment with at least six hours each year from online or Guided Study courses
- Incompletes, withdrawals and failed classes do not count as completed credits and students must successfully complete 66 percent of courses attempted
- Applicants must meet all eligibility criteria for the scholarship(s) for which they applied
- Required documentation, if any, must be provided before the end of the application period.
Questions about the College Scholarship Program should be directed to the Office of Financial Aid.