Registering for Undergraduate Courses & TECEP® Exams
Register online via Online Student Services.
Register via fax: (609) 292-1657
Register via phone: (609) 633-9242
Course telephone registrations are accepted 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, weekdays, excluding Dec. 23, 2011, to Jan. 2, 2012, and College holidays.
Register via U.S. Mail:
Thomas Edison State College
Office of the Registrar
Attn: Course Registration/TECEP® Registration
101 W. State St.
Trenton, NJ 08608-1176
All student forms, including Undergraduate Registration Forms, may be accessed at www.tesc.edu/studentforms. To request a paper-based Catalog that contains paper-based forms, contact the College at (888) 442-8372.
Registration Methods: An Overview
You may register for courses or TECEP® exam in several ways during scheduled registration periods (see the 2011-2012 Academic Calendar for exact registration dates). Please note that no registrations will be accepted by mail during late registration periods.
- Online registration (via Online Student Services) is available to Thomas Edison State College students who have paid the College’s Comprehensive Tuition, have approved Thomas Edison State College financial aid, are paying for the course tuition and fees by credit card or have an approved Tuition Assistance Form from the Navy, Marines, Air Force, MyCAA or Coast Guard. Online registration allows you to view and select from among the up-to-the-minute course offerings and available mentors. In addition, you may view your final course grades and change your address, phone number and e-mail address. Online registration is not available for Individualized PLAs, but is available for Standard PLAs.
The following options require the use of a paper Undergraduate Registration Form, which may be accessed at www.tes.edu/studentforms.
- Fax in your Registration Form during scheduled registration sessions to the Office of the Registrar at (609) 292-1657, using your tuition assistance, VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover for payment of tuition and fees. Fax registration is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week during scheduled registration sessions.
- Register by telephone by calling the Office of the Registrar at (609) 633-9242. Call only during scheduled registration sessions, Monday through Friday between the hours of 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, excluding Dec. 23, 2011, to Jan. 2, 2012, and major holidays. Use your VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover for payment of tuition and fees.
- Mail in your Registration Form during scheduled registration sessions to the Office of the Registrar (Attention: Course Registration/TECEP® Registration) with your check or money order, company tuition aid voucher or your VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover number indicated in the space provided on the Registration Form.
- Walk in with your completed Registration Form and payment. The Office of the Registrar is located in the Academic Center at 167 W. Hanover St., Trenton, N.J. If you pay in cash, your payment must be delivered directly to the Office of the Bursar at 221 W. Hanover St., Trenton, N.J., after the registrar has processed your registration at the Academic Center. (Note: Walk-in registrations will not be taken Dec. 23, 2011, to Jan. 2, 2012, and during major holidays.)
Late registration for all courses and TECEP® exams will take place following the close of regular registration. Only online, fax, telephone and walk-in registrations will be accepted during this period. All late registrations must include the late registration fee. Registrations postmarked after the close of the regular registration period will not be processed and the student will be contacted. Students registering during late registration, who plan to use the textbook supplier, MBS Direct, for course materials, will need to contact MBS Direct immediately to ensure receipt of those materials before the course begins.
For complete tuition and fees information, please visit www.tesc.edu/tuition. If you are enrolled in a Thomas Edison State College program such as the Military Degree Completion Program (MDCP), Navy College Program Distance Learning Partnership (NCPDLP), the W. Cary Edwards School of Nursing or Corporate Choice®, please refer to your program tuition and fee structure information for appropriate tuition and fee costs. In addition to the tuition and registration fees, there are separate costs for course materials, textbooks, DVDs, deposit fees and handling costs for videotapes and audiotapes, course supplies, and shipping and handling.
These fees must be paid to MBS Direct, if you have chosen that supplier, when you order your Course Materials Package. For ordering information, please see the form at the back of this publication. Checks and money orders for tuition and registration fees should be made payable to: Thomas Edison State College.
Third party and “tuition aid” payment documentation must be attached to the Registration Form. A Registration Form received without proper payment or documentation will not be processed and the student will be contacted. After the forms are processed, students will be sent a registration confirmation.
Financial Aid for Undergraduate Students
Eligible Thomas Edison State College undergraduate students who are taking the required number of Thomas Edison State College Guided Study and online courses per semester can be considered for Federal Pell Grants and Federal Direct Student Loans. Graduate students are eligible for Federal Direct Student Loans. New Jersey residents who qualify and take at least 12 credits per semester may also be eligible for New Jersey Tuition Aid Grants. Federal financial aid cannot be awarded for e-Pack®, Prior Learning Assessment or TECEP® examinations. Applications, forms and information concerning financial aid are available from: Thomas Edison State College, Office of Financial Aid, 101 W. State St., Trenton, NJ 08608-1176, by phone at (888) 442-8372 or firstname.lastname@example.org.