Procedure for Having Official Documentation Submitted

Official documents include transcripts from regionally accredited or candidate for accreditation institutions, military or corporate training reviewed for college credit by the American Council on Education (ACE) or National CCRS, licenses/certificates or courses reviewed by Thomas Edison State College and listed in the Thomas Edison State College Catalog, standardized tests and examinations.

Documents not included above should be retained by a student until after enrollment for possible submission if Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) is attempted.

  1. Transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges that were attended must be sent by the college attended directly to the Office of the Registrar at Thomas Edison State College. When requesting a transcript, students should provide their former college with: maiden name or former name, college ID number at that institution, Social Security number, date of birth, years in attendance and address of Thomas Edison State College. An official transcript from their diploma program in nursing must be submitted by RNs if applying to the BSN degree program.
  2. With the exception of official transcripts, all other military documents (i.e, licenses and/or certificates) should be photocopied, certified by a notary public to be a true copy and mailed by the student to:
    Thomas Edison State College
    Attn: Office of the Registrar
    101 W. State St.
    Trenton, NJ 08608-1176
    Military personnel in the Army, Army National Guard and Army Reserves should submit an AARTS transcript, and Marine and Navy personnel, a SMART transcript. Coast Guard and Air Force personnel should contact their respective institutes for transcripts. For assistance in obtaining transcripts and DD214 forms, please refer to:

    College transcripts will be accepted, if available, directly from a military education office.
  3. Training programs reviewed and recommended for credit by the American Council on Education’s (ACE) College Credit Recommendation Service must be submitted on an ACE Registry transcript. To have an ACE transcript sent to the College, call (866) 205-6267 or email [email protected].
  4. Official transcripts for any completed college-level examinations must be mailed to the Office of the Registrar by the organization responsible for the tests.
  5. The College will accept credit recommendations from the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO), Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE), World Educational Services, Inc. (WES) and Educational Perspectives, nfp. (EP). An enrolled student may transfer a maximum of 90 credits from international institutions. Foreign students in the United States on student (F-1) visas may use all methods available to U.S. students for completing their degree requirements.
  6. Students who have other licenses/certificates should submit photocopies, certified by a notary public to be true copies, to the Office of the Registrar. In certain circumstances Thomas Edison State College will accept the certification of a commissioned officer in the United States armed forces in lieu of a notary public’s signature. See for specific instructions if you wish to submit documents certified by a commissioned officer.