How to Register for Graduate Courses: Step-By-Step Instructions
- Select a course. If you are an enrolled Thomas Edison State College student and need help determining whether a particular course fits your degree requirements, contact an academic advisor. If you are enrolled in another institution, check with that institution to make sure the course fits your degree requirements.
- Register for the courses during scheduled registration sessions. Your payment method determines how you may register. You can check your current course schedule on Online Student Service, under view current schedule. Please note that once registration for your term ends, you will no longer see your courses listed. Online Student Service only shows the current registration term.
- Receive a course confirmation from Thomas Edison State College by email.
- After receiving confirmation of course registration, order your Course Materials Package, which includes all course materials and textbooks from MBS Direct. Contact MBS Direct at (800) 325-3252. Course materials and textbook costs are separate and must be paid directly to MBS Direct. Students will find the syllabus and Course Calendar online once the semester begins. Access information to courses will be emailed to students with their registration confirmation.
- Start your course work on the term start date as outlined in the academic calendar. Contact your mentor the first week. All payment methods are accepted from students who choose to register in person.
For payment made by credit card, military tuition assistance and Thomas Edison State College approved financial aid award letter:
- Register online via Online Student Services
- Fax your registration to (609) 292-1657
- Call (609) 633-9242 to register via the telephone from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, weekdays, excluding major holidays
- Complete the Graduate Registration Form and mail it to the Office of the Registrar, Attention: Course Registration. The form may be accessed at www.tesc.edu/studentforms.
For payment made by corporate vouchers and checks:
You must fax, email or mail your completed Graduate Registration Form and Corporate Voucher Form together. Registrations received without approved corporate vouchers will not be processed. If your company requires partial student payment, make sure your payment is included. Registration with payment by check must be mailed.
Students enrolled in a Thomas Edison State College graduate degree may apply to earn PLA portfolio credit for any course required by the degree. Portfolio assessment opportunities for Thomas Edison State College courses will be based on the stated learning outcomes. For other approved electives, matriculated students may present course descriptions from graduate courses offered at other regionally accredited colleges or universities as a basis for earning credit through Prior Learning Assessment subject to the dean’s approval. This policy may be limited by external accrediting bodies or by the nature of the course. Not all graduate degree programs will accept PLA credit. Please check with the college academic dean regarding whether that degree program accepts PLA credit.